Heartworm Question

The big furkids are on Proheart once a month heartworm tablets.

The bubba is on interceptor once a month tablet which covers heartworm, tapeworm etc etc. She was wormed on the 1st of November so will need to do her again soon.

Now Maggie is over 20 kgs but will reach at least 50 kgs when adult.

I would like to change to her to Proheart and then middle of the month do her other worming.

What should I be looking at getting for her.

The big fella has Proheart yellow cause he is well over 46 kgs.

The other girls have Proheart red cause they are steady on 45kgs.

Would I start her on Proheart red first? Until she reaches 45 kgs which wont be for quite awhile.

have you thought about proheart injection? its the same brand but just an injection that is given once a year, im pretty sure it works out cheaper for such big dogs :) then you can just give them an allwormer (tummy wormer) tablet every 3 months, you could start them all at the same time, how old is Maggie now?

Injection isn't recommended until the dog is at least 1yr according to my vets.

I wouldn't give my dog's the injection not matter how old. It's been banned in the US & they only used the prohart 6 mth. I believe they get a massive dose of the stuff which wanes over the months.

I would give the dose appropriate for the size. When she grows you could give 2 tabs of the red if you have any left.

Though it's not something I'd ever use myself you can now get a 6 month injection for young puppies...

Really? We're using revolution on our puppy and will be putting our dog on it too...

Though it's not something I'd ever use myself you can now get a 6 month injection for young puppies...

Really? We're using revolution on our puppy and will be putting our dog on it too...

Really as in is it something I'd never use or really as in is thee really a injection for pups? Yes to both!

True that the company says its safe to give the injection from 6months. But, I wouldn't touch the injection if you paid me.

Ditto. Too many stories of bad reactions. :confused: I'd not use Revolution for the same reason, even if I don't have Ivermectin sensitive breeds.

True that the company says its safe to give the injection from 6months. But, I wouldn't touch the injection if you paid me.

Ditto. Too many stories of bad reactions. :xmaswelcome: I'd not use Revolution for the same reason, even if I don't have Ivermectin sensitive breeds.

I don't do injections either, would never touch them...nor do I do monthly, it's daily here.

Edited by Aziah