Difference Between Main And Limited Register?

Shmurps

since most people want a puppy not an adolescent? the only way to protect yourself though it seems. suppose at least in that case some are permitted to contribute to the future of the breed so not a total loss to the gene pool.

is this the only safe way to go now?

Nope, I'd say the best protection you've got is a very clear understanding with the buyer that a "show quality pup" is a prospect, not a certainty.

That and making no assumptions that previous experience in the show ring guarantees a decent buyer.

well it was exactly a supposedly "clear" understanding. that is until the "gallery " at the shows told her, main register is a guarantee of being good enough to make Champion.

even those who had examined the puppys at the time of selection and were witness to her being told not only by me but the ones who examined the puppies that no guarantees could be made as to how an 8 week puppy would mature, she also said in front of witnesses, she "had shown for years and knew how much a puppy can change," that she "wanted it as a pet first, and also just wanted the fun of showing again" yet these same people told me for my own reputation to take the dog back. if that isnt backing up the "gallery" opinion that MR now means money back guarantee an 8 week can mature to make 100 challenge points, then what is?

seems like just another minefield gathering to me anyway.

considering i now supplied a dog so crap i had to take it back, dont see how it saved any so called "reputation" ummm well except now have a reputation for selling a crap dog on MR? :)

at least the great news is, now much loved n adored in its new home.

Edited by asal

Hi All,

It wasn’t intended as a whinge about my personal situation, that was for illustrative purposes only. I’m asking a philosophical question as to whether the Limited Register is having the desired effect, or perhaps having unintended consequences?

I certainly didn’t wish to convey a direct criticism of either Breeder. They could represent breeders of any breed.

At the risk of repeating myself, my personal situation is not the issue.

If my daughter is serious about getting involved in showing, we will work something out. (I’m not even sure that a Flattie pup would be a good starter..)

If, down the track our bitch was deemed suitable for breeding and we were interested in that (and those are two big Ifs) then I’m sure her breeder would assess her.