Are Plums Alright For Dogs?

Dani M

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question.. I have 3 plum trees that are dropping loads of fruit at the moment & Tequila absolutely loves them! She has been eating the fruit that's falling off the tree & I'm just wondering if that's ok??

I think my main concernis the pips. Are they going to get stuck somewhere? or will they come straight out?

Any advice would be much appeciated! Also if it's unhealthy any ideas about how to deter her eating them??

Thanks in advance :rainbowbridge:

I wouldn't be encouraging it HOWEVER my dogs used to eat them by the bucketload (they would actually climb our tree to eat them) and they never had any problems. Some poos would contain 5-6 stones!! Ouch!! It is very possibly that they could cause an obstruction so keep an eye on her. :rainbowbridge:

I wouldn't be encouraging it HOWEVER my dogs used to eat them by the bucketload (they would actually climb our tree to eat them) and they never had any problems. Some poos would contain 5-6 stones!! Ouch!! It is very possibly that they could cause an obstruction so keep an eye on her. :hug:

:rainbowbridge: well she hasn't tried climbing yet! Thanks for the advice :happydance:

Last weeke when at the vets there was a great dane in there who had had anoperation to remove a peach seed that had blocked him/her up be careful with thoses seeds. My vet and i were talking and she said compost heaps were a dogs worst enemy she had seen corn cobs stuck dog died owners took dog in too late.