Threw Up After Exersise

APBT

Have been taking the dog down the the local dog park for a run around for the last 3 weeks or so and since there is no water there at all for the dogs so i bring my own with a container for after exercise as its usually pretty intense,

when were done il usually let her drink as much water as she wants which is usually about 1L, only thing tonight she threw most of it back up a hour or so later, first time this has happened.

should i have her drink throughout or just at the end?

personally, i think you should be letting her drink while shes exercising!! when you exercise im sure you dont hold off on drinking till the very end...you need hydration! dogs are no different!

if shes drinking 1L of water at the end, shes obviously dehydrated, then cos shes drinking so much so fast, of course shes going to throw it up!

Let her drink the whole way through! she'll also be able to go longer cos shes being hydrated...

i dont hold off till the very end but i also know how bad it feels to train on a stomach with a bit to much water,

i know that dogs shouldn't be exercised a few hours after food aswell, different for water?

cheers

I would let her have maybe a small drink part way through and not let the dog exercise to the point of needing to load up on water.

At the end of the walk, another small drink, if weather is hot, otherwise I like my dogs to cool off before having a drink.

I would let her have maybe a small drink part way through and not let the dog exercise to the point of needing to load up on water.

At the end of the walk, another small drink, if weather is hot, otherwise I like my dogs to cool off before having a drink.

i take her between 7 and 8 so its not bad at that time and i also like to let the dog settle down before having water aswell.