Dog Holiday Resort

samoyedman

Ive had the pleasure of dealing with both Deb at Just Like Home and Dave from Playhouse and only recommend them for any boarding on the coast, ive seen the facilities at Pets Playhouse and they are fantastic, although I personally havent seen Debs facilities, I have a client who has had her littlie there and she cant stop raving about her, plus I know Deb to be a fantastic lady so I know her facilities and care would be A1!! I like steve austin but prefer to support local people like Deb and Dave.

• 9 months later...
Hi guys,

As a regular here on DOL and a rescue person myself let me tell you all about my "Just Like Home Pet Resort" about half and hour from the new one in Terrigal.

We have put a huge amount of time and thought into what we have now opened last September (and money)......

We have 17 bedrooms with NO cages and we dont mix dogs from different families EVER......in the bedrooms.

We have a LCD tv in the cottage for the dogs to have the home feel and play piped music during the night.

We also have airconditioning and an air flow system........

We have playtime with a human most of the day as our numbers are small and as long as the dogs are social I temp test and allow playtime with other dogs of similar age and size.

We DONT take dogs over cocker spaniel size (45 CM ) in height at the highest point of the dog at the back end near the tail.

I have had an influx of lovely old senior dogs over the Christmas period with two being 17 and needing medication and special care.I feel this may be because several vets on the Coast and Sydney have found out about us and after their staff have inspected our facility have recommended us to their clients.

We feed Hills Sciencediet and I cook chicken thight fillet minced by our butcher....(all human grade food) with veges and rice .....I try to feed as close to home as possible and ask the usual diet on checkin.

I think their is more than enough clients to support the kennels here on the coast and have been to look at the new one..It is lovely ....

We trade on personal attention and as I run and own the business my main concern is for the dogs and their welfare and happiness whilst in care.

We have a website that is a work in progress at the moment but please pop by and have a look.

www.justlikehomepetresort.com.au

Just wanted to let you know that you have a DOL rescue person out here offering a personal service for you and your dogs.

Our price also includes everything.....$35.00 for the first dog and $30.00 for the second family dog sharing a bedroom.

I have found several kennels have extra's for this and that...

We offer a 5pm checkout on departure and an 8.30 checking on coming in.

Thanks for reading

Deb

Just wanted to say thank you to Deb from Just Like Home Pet Resort at Kangy Angy. We recently had occasion to board our almost seven year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel [Mickey] for the first time. He is a very spoilt housedog. I work at home so he is used to being with someone most of the time. It was a very stressful decision & finding the right place was very very important.

Just Like Home Pet Resort was FABULOUS! just as Deb described & he came home relaxed & happy. I would highly recommend her facilities. Thanks again Deb & your team.

Any members are welcome to send me a message if the have any questions about our experience

cheers

Jo-Ann