Dog Holiday Resort

samoyedman

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sund...0-1225813808371

Resort offers a dog's life of luxury

IT boasts cascading waterfalls and luxury suites with plasma television screens, so you could be forgiven if you thought Fido and Muffy were in pet heaven.

But such plush surrounds will be offered at the Sydney region's newest five-star doggy day-care facility, opening soon at Terrigal.

The resort will offer dogs puppy picnics, mud baths and gourmet treats which include chicken-flavoured ice blocks.

A 14m lap pool and a lagoon are also key features of the sprawling Pet Resorts Australia retreat, which cost more than $1 million to build.

Pampered pooches stay in shared air-conditioned rooms or in luxury suites with plasma television.

Prices start at $24 a day for a cat and $30 for a dog, with the suite accommodation at $75 a day.

Central Coast dog owner Catherine Crawford booked Tasha, a three-year-old Rottweiler, into the Terrigal retreat for a couple of days last week.

"They spoiled her so much she didn't actually even want to come home," Ms Crawford said.

"I think I might book myself in there next time. It's so luxurious."

Hmm plasma won't do, its LED or nothing :mad Don't these people keep up with technology :mad

Why does it say opening soon in the first paragraph and then that someone's dog has already stayed there? Odd.

Honestly so long as a dog is secure and safe, well looked after, gets appropriate exercise daily and interaction with people, is not too cold or too hot and gets good appropriate food, I think that is enough personally. That said, my dog has never been in kennels because I have great friends (with the biggest LCD ever :rofl: ) who look after him, but if I did have to put him in that would be what I was looking for.

I would never leave my dog at Pet Resorts.

I dont like the idea of dogs from different families running and living together, and being fed together.

Surely dogs from different families wouldn't be fed together. No dog carer would be that stupid!

I would never leave my dog at Pet Resorts.

I dont like the idea of dogs from different families running and living together, and being fed together.

Surely dogs from different families wouldn't be fed together. No dog carer would be that stupid!

I was at Pet Resorts last year, 4 dogs in a run, they even separated dogs from others in their family from time to time. I am sure he said to us that it was the same plan for this new place

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sund...0-1225813808371
Resort offers a dog's life of luxury

IT boasts cascading waterfalls and luxury suites with plasma television screens, so you could be forgiven if you thought Fido and Muffy were in pet heaven.

But such plush surrounds will be offered at the Sydney region's newest five-star doggy day-care facility, opening soon at Terrigal.

The resort will offer dogs puppy picnics, mud baths and gourmet treats which include chicken-flavoured ice blocks.

A 14m lap pool and a lagoon are also key features of the sprawling Pet Resorts Australia retreat, which cost more than $1 million to build.

Pampered pooches stay in shared air-conditioned rooms or in luxury suites with plasma television.

Prices start at $24 a day for a cat and $30 for a dog, with the suite accommodation at $75 a day.

Central Coast dog owner Catherine Crawford booked Tasha, a three-year-old Rottweiler, into the Terrigal retreat for a couple of days last week.

"They spoiled her so much she didn't actually even want to come home," Ms Crawford said.

"I think I might book myself in there next time. It's so luxurious."

Hi guys,

As a regular here on DOL and a rescue person myself let me tell you all about my "Just Like Home Pet Resort" about half and hour from the new one in Terrigal.

We have put a huge amount of time and thought into what we have now opened last September (and money)......

We have 17 bedrooms with NO cages and we dont mix dogs from different families EVER......in the bedrooms.

We have a LCD tv in the cottage for the dogs to have the home feel and play piped music during the night.

We also have airconditioning and an air flow system........

We have playtime with a human most of the day as our numbers are small and as long as the dogs are social I temp test and allow playtime with other dogs of similar age and size.

We DONT take dogs over cocker spaniel size (45 CM ) in height at the highest point of the dog at the back end near the tail.

I have had an influx of lovely old senior dogs over the Christmas period with two being 17 and needing medication and special care.I feel this may be because several vets on the Coast and Sydney have found out about us and after their staff have inspected our facility have recommended us to their clients.

We feed Hills Sciencediet and I cook chicken thight fillet minced by our butcher....(all human grade food) with veges and rice .....I try to feed as close to home as possible and ask the usual diet on checkin.

I think their is more than enough clients to support the kennels here on the coast and have been to look at the new one..It is lovely ....

We trade on personal attention and as I run and own the business my main concern is for the dogs and their welfare and happiness whilst in care.

We have a website that is a work in progress at the moment but please pop by and have a look.

www.justlikehomepetresort.com.au

Just wanted to let you know that you have a DOL rescue person out here offering a personal service for you and your dogs.

Our price also includes everything.....$35.00 for the first dog and $30.00 for the second family dog sharing a bedroom.

I have found several kennels have extra's for this and that...

We offer a 5pm checkout on departure and an 8.30 checking on coming in.

Thanks for reading

Deb

So what do we coasters with bigger dogs do? I have 2 bcs and a shep and when we went away we actually travelled to Sydney so our dogs had room to run (in their own pen) I dont like the idea of them just being put in with unknown dogs which alot of the places up here say they do and why I wont use them. Off to check out the others though cos it does sound really nice.

So what do we coasters with bigger dogs do? I have 2 bcs and a shep and when we went away we actually travelled to Sydney so our dogs had room to run (in their own pen) I dont like the idea of them just being put in with unknown dogs which alot of the places up here say they do and why I wont use them. Off to check out the others though cos it does sound really nice.

I have left my cocker spaniels at Playhouse at Wyee......Dave is really good and Michelle is lovely...he looks after big...she looks after small..and they have lovely staff....

I am really sorry we dont take the biggies....I love them all...we rescue anything in need as you can read in the rescue thread Bella Oz and i but we purpose built Just Like Home for the littlies..... :o

Have not even heard of PLayhouse. Lol my dream is to run my own boarding facilities but mine would be mostly cats as they are easier to look after. There are lots of good facilities out there for both as in care etc I just like my guys to have room to run and this place in Sydney they actually have around 1/2 -3/4 acre where they spend their days together but are moved up into a pen of a night, as do other dogs. If I had small dogs I would look for a place just like yours where there were no big dogs :-)

Have not even heard of PLayhouse. Lol my dream is to run my own boarding facilities but mine would be mostly cats as they are easier to look after. There are lots of good facilities out there for both as in care etc I just like my guys to have room to run and this place in Sydney they actually have around 1/2 -3/4 acre where they spend their days together but are moved up into a pen of a night, as do other dogs. If I had small dogs I would look for a place just like yours where there were no big dogs :-)

Thanks poo mother.......we are happy with how its all going...

and I do love the biggies..

I have left my cocker spaniels at Playhouse at Wyee......Dave is really good and Michelle is lovely...he looks after big...she looks after small..and they have lovely staff....

I am really sorry we dont take the biggies....I love them all...we rescue anything in need as you can read in the rescue thread Bella Oz and i but we purpose built Just Like Home for the littlies..... :welcome:

I've heard nothing but great things about Playhouse and a lady who rescued two malamutes from me regularly boards them there. She is really happy with the service. From what I have been told the owners are true dog lovers (always a bonus)

I am really sorry we dont take the biggies....I love them all...we rescue anything in need as you can read in the rescue thread Bella Oz and i but we purpose built Just Like Home for the littlies..... :welcome:

I've heard nothing but great things about Playhouse and a lady who rescued two malamutes from me regularly boards them there. She is really happy with the service. From what I have been told the owners are true dog lovers (always a bonus)

They certainly are and have a rescue Westy from Westielover......

I am happyt to recommend them for the large dogs