Show Trolleys And Small Cars

Gretel

A friend made a frame out of a dog bed (the ones that have hessian mats on them) which sits in the back. The crates go on top of it and the trolley goes underneath. I can take the trolley out without having to move the crates :cry::( . To say I love my new setup is an HUGE understatement :laugh:

BMP ... this is the same setup I have with my Santa Fe (Hyundai) and it's great !!!!

:rofl:

Next time I am in Vic or you are in Canberra we will have to compare setups. I am always looking for ways to tweak things to make it even more easy and efficient. I am thinking of buying pp30's instead of the 40's I use now, and using the space that will be saved for bags to store the trolley and crate covers ...

Otherwise get a trolly hitch for the tow bar & then it doent have to go in the car
Get a bracket that fits onto a towbar
Where do you buy the towbar attachments?

I would also like to know where to buy one of these towbar attachments!! I have a VZ ute, so space for the trolley isn't an issue - I just get sick of lifting it in and out all the time :cry:

Edited by Miss B

my show trolley - two doors, not small (96cm wide, 76cm high) fits standing up in the back of my Honda Jazz (do not have to fold any seats down at all.) I secure it with straps using the secure brackets in the boot of the car. I can also then fit in the back with the trolley, a compact gazebo, two chairs, grooming bag, dog bag and bag for me. (On a warm day have also added a small esky and water container.) The dog/s then sit on the back seat (strapped in of course).

When I was looking at a new car, had to be small car (couldn't afford anything bigger) - only one that would fit the trolley in it easily without having to drop seats etc.

Best thing ever

eta - oops - thanks obs - i forgot the pen i also fit in.

also means I have room for passengers too.

Edited by jr_inoz

I have a Holden Astra and when I am only taking a few dogs I take this car, I can fit in the boot: usually take OH car and float though

2 Trolley's

1 Pen

1 Compact Gazebo

2 bags of doggy gear

1 chair

I put my other gear in the back behind drivers seat and on the other side I can put another Compact Gazebo if required

Edited by Owned by Shelties

Toyota Corolla...mine is a 2007 and its amazing what it fits in. I can easily set up 2 medium crates in with the seats folded down. I previously had a station wagon but I definately dont miss it! The Corollas are very roomy.

I second the corolla :laugh: in the boot of ours I can fit my jumbo trolley, large sof crate, gazebo, two chairs, mat and walls for the gazebo. This leaves pleanty of room for the grooming box and human things on the back seat oh and the whippet too :(

Edited by whip it

I got my trolley /tow bar attachment many years ago it was custom made by a man down here, I have seen them advertised again....when I see the advertisement again I will post into this thread. If I remember correctly, one of the trolley manufacturers are selling them.

It is it shaped like a T upside down and the trolley sits in a tray. The unit is attached to the tow bar. It is great also for me because I have suffered back problems and I am able to fold the trolley and lift with only my arm strength and not strain my back to lift and twist with a heavy and awkward weight. Another thing is that the trolley is the first thing unpacked and the last thing packed. (the opposite to when it is at the bottom on your boot).

Edited by nynka