Exercise

albie

My yard is probably 40m x 40m, medium size I guess. :( I can't compare, I used to live on an acre, before I had any dogs. :)

My mum has a malt cross (3 year old), I have 2 Pointers( 21 months and a 3 year old), and my boyfriend has a GSP (10 months) that lives with me. :)

The Malt cross, one Pointer and the GSP get walked daily, on lead and off lead. We play fetch, do some training and play zoomies when off lead. :laugh: Once a month we go to Kepala, once a month we go to the beach, twice a week we go to a local lake and walk around that.

The two Pointers run around all day, from 6am until 11pm. The malt cross sleeps on my mums bed and on the couch most of the day! ;)

The other Pointer (the 21 month old) gets walked twice a week, on lead at all times. She goes to Kepala once a month and the beach once a month. She has weight issues so is crated most of the day. :eek: She also gets to spend time with the family andf has her own bed set up in the lounge room for when someone is watching tv, she does a bit of training on lead daily out the front of our house (across the road there is an empty lot, so its perfect for training with people walking by, cars going by, different smells, of course, all dogs when out there are on a horse lung. :(

Oh you are all SO lucky! My courtyard is TINY! :D Possibly about 12m square max.

Our Golden Retriever barely even steps foot in it, she spends all her time inside, even when we go out.

However we are lucky enough to live right in the middle of a ring of large offlead parks where I take her for a jog or she chases balls for an hour each morning.

Then in the afternoon I take her to a little park around the corner for some ball chasing. She is a very fit and happy dog. :)

Honestly she could live in an apartment, she even refuses to use the courtyard as a toilet!! (That has both its pros and cons :) )

2 Siberians, we have a small backyard but big enough for them to run and chase each other. They both go to the dog park everyday for an hour or we go for an hour+ walk.

Having two dogs they seem to wear each other out during the day too, so thats a bonus.

We've got Sibes and Japanese Spitz, and our property is 1.25 acres. It is divided into 4 separate fenced sections - the front yard (dog-free zone!), the main dog yard behind the house (about 1/3 of an acre), and 2 smaller individual dog runs (10m x 7m each).

Two GSD and an elderly Kelpie X

We're on a bit under 800m2 which is a rather long block split into 3 low tiers due to a gradual slope. The dogs don't really do much out there, they will chase each other around a bit if I'm doing some gardening but they are inside dogs and only out when we are with them. Most of their exercise is done on walks, runs at park, training and bike rides along the beach.