Would You Ring The Council?

Yacket's Mum

That's a good result. Sometimes people only learn when it hits their backpocket. We have neighbours like that - but it has taken a summons to court to get them to keep their dogs (aggressive) contained on their property. Hope the outcome favours the dog!

Thanks guys. I was feeling really guilty about ringing the council but they have to keep there dog in there yard and if I can do it with all the foster dogs I have had over 6 years and my own greyhounds I can't see why they cant keep one fat dog in there yard! We had to change a few of our fences to make sure we never lost a dog because there were not ours and under going assessment and I can't run 60klms hour to catch a greyhound who has escaped so we were prepared it was not that hard. I would of hated to walk out my door to find any dog missing with the not knowing.

I hope that he is home again with them making sure he is safe.

glad it all turned out ok.. In case the dog comes back i would double check what the pound rules are.. Unfortunatly the shire i live in only keep dogs in the pound for 72 hours before the are put to sleep :mad It sounds like a reoccuring problem, however if a different dog comes maybe check that the council has owner details, so yet another dog doesnt go to puppy heaven.... Hope that makes sense.

so yet another dog doesnt go to puppy heaven

That is what I was worried about cause he is a darling but I have just had enough of him out and about at 5-30 in the morning which sets my dogs off and I don't get very much sleep and the owners for a $6 battery can't keep him in it is just not on.

The council were very good and said they like to work with the families of dogs who get out so that they can be returned and they did say that they don't rehome dogs that escape so I hope they tell that to his family and they do something about him this time to keep him in. The local highschool has had him impounded cause he was up there so they know that he gets out.