Would You Ring The Council?

Yacket's Mum

This morning yet again I have a beautiful black lab that is on my door step. He is a sweetheart but he upsets my dogs something shocking and he is out at least 2-3 week and I have taken him back to his place at least a dozen times. I have also rung there neighbours to come and get him at least 4 times (she knows them and I don't) he is alwasy out at 5-30 and I am over it. He is ment to have a boundery collar on to keep him in the yard as the council have collected him a few times and impounded him and they go get him out but still NO collar on to keep him in.

I have him tied to the front verandah so I can ring the council to collect him at 8am....do I ring them or just take him home again.

Yes I would ring the council. There is only so much you can help and hand feed people. Unfortunately some need to learn the hard way. Better that than having to pick the poor dog up out of the gutter.

I totally agree. I would rather have someone call the pound to collect my dogs than have them running the streets or hit by a car. At least they would be safe.

I have rung the council they are coming as soon as they can? Glad I am home all day!

They have a boundary collar? What ever happened to the humble fence?

They have a normal acreage fence but he kept getting out so they put in one of those fences that has the collar so he cant get to the fence to get out....but if you don't put it on your dog it wont work.....and he has no collar on today as apparently the batteries are flat so they took it off according to there neighbours! You would of thought batteries are cheaper than pound fees!

They have a normal acreage fence but he kept getting out so they put in one of those fences that has the collar so he cant get to the fence to get out....but if you don't put it on your dog it wont work.....and he has no collar on today as apparently the batteries are flat so they took it off according to there neighbours! You would of thought batteries are cheaper than pound fees!

I wouldn't be surprised if he was left there. Poor boy. Poor you.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was left there. Poor boy. Poor you.

In one way I hope they leave him there so he can find a better home that will love him and spend some time with him and keep him safe. He is a sweetheart all he wants is to be with you and he wants to shake. I have not heard a peep out of him and he is tied up on the tiles in our entrance now (to hot out the front). They must of paid alot of money for him at one stage casue he is a pure lab and he is now desexed and is in good weight if not alittle over weight and he is a happy boy. Hoping the council comes soon.

I wonder if they even know he is missing? Will check that out later when dog is not on my property.

Thoroughly agree that you ring the rangers. If the neighbours continue to return their dog to them in the end you are enabling them to just continue on. Perhaps some impound fees will encourage them to contain the dog. It is only a matter of time before this lab becomes a road accident victim.

YM - I would ring the council and ask them to come collect him. Then I would notify Lab Rescue that he at the pound and which one so they can contact the pound and put their names down for him if he is not collected..... [email protected] ....Lab rescue do a fabulous job!

I have rung the council they will be here today to collect him.

Thankyou I have just emailed lab rescue and let them know he will be going to Logan pound as that is the shire we are now in.

Sounds like a lovely boy and the owners don't deserve to have him :laugh:

I agree with everyone else. You've returned him home quite a few times and the stupid owners have done nothing about containing him, now maybe a fine might get the message thru to them.

Poor thing :D

Have the council been to collect him yet?

I have had a run in with a woman that used to allow her dog off the lead to walk him round the streets....because she knew the dog catcher she didn't bat an eye lid.....I must have run the council office 3-4 times complaining about it. I even spoke to her telling her it was illegal to walk her dog without a lead, she just said "Yeah I know...." Now she only walks her dog on a lead when she walks past my house, but when she gets over to the other side of the town she takes it off, as my husband has seen her.

I keep looking out for her, but haven't caught her yet....one day I will :laugh: she got warnings at first then the last two times she got fines :cry: I hate people who think the world evolves around them....

Yes council came to collect him and the council lady was lovely.

You can have your dog impound 3 times a year with fines every time a new renewal comes out the dog gets a clean slate. She said he would not be released until a full fence inspection was done this time and the fine is huge.

Lets hope this is the last time I see him unless I walk past there place.