Things You Never Thought You Would Do Before

Bubitty

I never thought I would be giving Half baths 4 times a night when the loose poo happen or geting up for toilet runs at 3 am or Buying $65 gromming brushes when I dont own a working hair dryer or stressing out and reseaching for months on which kennel for her to go to for 2 nights then drving 1 1/2 hours to get to the 'good' one

Dog poo is meant to be hard and crumbly Bub.. it shows a good quantity of bone in it.

It's a little disconcerting when it crumbles as it comes out tho' - sardines for dinner when that happens :laugh:

It's completely normal in a bone fed dog.

You will KNOW if your dog is constipated by keeping an eye on them. A constipated dog walks around doing the poo walk for extended periods of time. If they squat and it comes out then they are fine.

Which leads me to the "things I never thought I would do". My pointer had been doing the poo walk for over 30 mins one morning. I knew I couldn't go off to work and leave him as he was getting mildly distressed with the situation. So I went through my medicine cupboard and found a a microlax enema (small tube of medication administered per-rectum) and gave it to him. He was a bit surprised at the administration but pooed ten minutes later and everyone was happy again. It's been the only time I've seen my bone-fed dogs constipated and he had some cushion stuffing in his poop.

If your dog is pooing Bub, he isn't constipated. ;)

That reminds me of a lawyers question to a witness: How could you tell the victim was dead? Pathologist: Because his brain was in a dish on the bench.

I have to say that when I see a foster poo for the first time, I go racing down to see if there are any wrigglies in it :rofl:

Slightly off topic, :laugh: sorry, but the lawyer story is so funny and apparently was from a real case.. :laugh: ...as quoted below from the court recorder;

Q: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?

A: No.

Q: Did you check for blood pressure?

Q: Did you check for breathing?

Q: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?

Q: How can you be so sure, Doctor?

A: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.

Q: But could the patient have still been alive, nevertheless?

A: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law somewhere.

Sorry for stealing the thread, hope you have a good laugh. :)

OT Again :):laugh::laugh: . I was sent a heap the other day and just about made my dogs orphans, I was laughing so much.

ive had dogs since i was a kid so theres nothing all that new

i just never thought thered be dogs on the beds and lounges

dad was so strict and i brought up my firstborn like that too

but then with all the other kids and dogs coming along we grew more relaxed

i think it started with one of them having a nightmare and asking to have one dog in the room and it progressed from there

never thought id be renting holiday houses with dogs either

we always camped with ours

never were a hotel type family

otherwise i think lifes always been the same

Edited by percyk