Hydrotherapy Or Swimming Pool....adelaide

Trishm

Does anyone know if there is a hydrotherapy or swimming pool for dogs in Adelaide. I live south of the city so south would be great, but I will travel anywhere.

My 14 year old whippet has sore shoulders and has some muscle wastage, and my Vet thinks some swimming would be good for her.

TIA,

Trish

Glenside vet clinic have a hydrotherapy pool. Pin Needham's clinic. I use to take my two there pretty frequently over the last 12 months but stopped since Christmas in preference to taking them to the beach while the weather is good.

It was well priced and I never had any trouble getting to use the pool when I wanted to and that included ringing on the day I wanted to take them. The pool is available during standard clinic hours.

Dogs are allowed to swim on-lead or off-lead and you have exclusive use of the pool area for half an hour.

The prices from memory were something like $10 a swim or you can prepay a book of 10 or 20 swims for a reduced rate. $90 for 10 and I don't know what it was for 20 but I think it reduced to $8 for a swim.

The first swim has to be supervised and the costs more.

They also have an underwater treadmill which is available for use for a separate fee.

http://www.glenside-vet.com.au/home/index.cfm

Edited by ness

:vomit::flame::rofl::rofl: - yep I should be booking my girls annual pre-training check with Matthew sometime but since they both seem ok at the minute I haven't rushed it :cheer: . I was over funding his next overseas trip.

Ooops forgot to say the pool is heated :D and they have life jackets there if you need to use them for your dog.

Edited by ness

:laugh: yeah sorry I should have mentioned it as well. Doesn't occur to me as my two don't need a life jacket. You can also pay additional for assisted swims and I think one of the vet nurses swims the dog. As I said the vet supervises the preliminary swims until they are confident that the dog will be ok.

Mine only needed 1 supervised swim but I guess that might be different with an older dog.