Dandruff On Pups?

SpikesPuppy

Two of my 6 appear to have some dandruff/dry skin and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas??

I have done the 'pinch test' on their skin and they don't appear dehydrated or anything. I also checked inside their mouths and they weren't dry either (a tip I got from one of my breeding books). They are feeding well, as active as the rest are and have more than doubled their birth weights.

Otherwise they seem in perfect health, coat is soft and shiny also. Just dandruff-y?

Thanks, Wildairbc - I don't think it is the mites (it doesn't move & there are no other symptoms), but will keep it in mind when checking them over and if any of the dandruff moves I'll know. Ick.

More likely me just stressing :cry: hopefully anyway!! No, I'm really not that stressy- they are just my first babies and I don't know exactly what's 'normal' and what's not. I'd rather worry about something to find it's nothing than ignore something basic and have it turn into something bigger.

Two of my 6 appear to have some dandruff/dry skin and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas??

I have done the 'pinch test' on their skin and they don't appear dehydrated or anything. I also checked inside their mouths and they weren't dry either (a tip I got from one of my breeding books). They are feeding well, as active as the rest are and have more than doubled their birth weights.

Otherwise they seem in perfect health, coat is soft and shiny also. Just dandruff-y?

That will pass.