Camera And Lenses Advice Please

glendabenda

Yes, the warranty is not a manufacturer's one - its through DWI's service mob in Sydney. Though I believe lenses have an international warranty, but bodies are country of purchase. Or you can buy the MACK warranty which is international (don't know if its any good or not, but is an option).

We just bought from DWI - postage was quick!! Currently charging the new toy, so we'll know if its any good soon enough :D But so far, so good!

Yes, the warranty is not a manufacturer's one - its through DWI's service mob in Sydney. Though I believe lenses have an international warranty, but bodies are country of purchase. Or you can buy the MACK warranty which is international (don't know if its any good or not, but is an option).

We just bought from DWI - postage was quick!! Currently charging the new toy, so we'll know if its any good soon enough :D But so far, so good!

what did you buy?

Hi kirislin - First your whippet is beautiful!

Back to the question though - a 500d body and 55-250 canon kit lens. Am waiting on a Sigma 17-70 from digital camera warehouse.

And to the OP - digital camera warehouse seemed pretty good for price on camera bodies if you want local Canon warranty. Almost bought there but decided to take a punt on the grey market thing - was a few hundred $ difference.

Just like to add that I am a big fan of DWI and when I get my D300s I'll be adding the MACK Diamond warranty.

It is actually better than Nikon's for length of warranty... and still works out cheaper than buying it from Australia :rasberry:

Nothing to be scared about, it is just the Australian shops trying to get your money.... MACK is worth its weight in gold :provoke:

where are the repairs done with a Mack warranty?

All done by approved repairers in Australia - usually Canon or Nikon themselves.

Once you log a service request with Mack, they contact you with information on approved repairs for you to contact for costs.

I know a few people who have had to use it and haven't had any problems.