Tug Leash Makers

smisch

One of my friends has asked for her birthday for some tug leashes for her dogs.. no problems I can make a good tug but its the attaching it to a leash bit...

how do I attach the tug to the leash clip??

I dont ever intend on selling tugs I just more or less enjoy making them and they're great prezzies for agility Friends!

Any help an/or photos are appreciated! and ideas for the handles I have a few designs but im sure someone knows a better way!

Thanks DOLERs

I make mine slightly different to most as I like them looooong - hate trying to have a decent game of tug on too short tug leads. :rofl:

I use two lengths of polar fleece at 2 metres each, which when plaited will give you a 1.6 m long lead. I hand stitch them together at one end so they overlap by about 5 cm and that overlap part sits in the clip so it's relatively well hidden. You don't have to stitch them if you buy your polarfleece in 4 m lengths but I wanted a variety of different colours so it was more cost effective to buy several different colours of 2 m lengths of PF and stitch them.

For the third part of the plait I use a 4 m length of 4 cm-ish wide binding material in a really bright colour - this adds some strength to the lead as well as stopping it from stretching too much. Plait them up and I just tie it at the end into a knot and leave some length at the end to form a tassle type thing. I don't bother with a handle as I never use them anyway.

Cost wise here - I buy my PF from Lincraft and the binding material from Spotlight. Lincraft don't have the colour variety on binding and they charge twice the price. :laugh:

Edited by Jess.