Troubles At Kurri Pound

DMA

Thanks for signing the petition hoffpig & getting your rellos to sign it too. Excellent stuff :dancingelephant:

The petition is already listed in the General Rescue forum, as well as the General Dog Discussion forum, but just under a different title. It's also listing in the Kurri Pound thread that I do.

Likewise it is also listed on some other rescue group websites, but not PetRescue (well not that I'm aware of) as I'm not a member there, as I'm not a rescue group whilst Kurri Pound is a member of PetRescue but I'm not authorised to use that account.

There is also a Facebook group, which I've noticed I've not mentioned in this thread I've just realised (but it is in the other two), which can be found here at http://apps.facebook.com/causes/445182/117945782?m=71bb3202 It has about as many members as signatures to the petition.

Above all thanks for your support. And if you know anyone at PetRescue please do pass on the details of the petition. There's one week left for the petition to run until it's presented to council.

DMA - Everythingsshiny started the one on facebook. Did you recognize Rini's pic.?

I certainly did :shrug: I'd recognise my Princess anywhere :laugh: Give her a hug from me please :laugh:

News from the Cessnock Advertiser on page 8...

advertiser100310small.jpg

Alas I get the impression, from this article, that these reforms may either take some time to come about or maybe they won't be implemented at all...

Just to let Kurri & Cessnock locals know, the Council is holding one of their 10 year plan meetings for their 2020 program in Kurri next Tuesday 16 March. It'll be held ay the Community Centre (ie next to the Library) on Lang St at 6pm. To quote from the Facebook group:

This may be an avenue for us to get our thoughts across about the Pound and it's future in this 10 year plan.

There will be also other meetings for this Cessnock 2020 program. Alas we've missed most of them, but after the Kurri meeting, there's two more:

6pm Wednesday 17 March 2010:

Mulbring Community Hall, Stone Street, Mulbring

6pm Thursday 18 March 2010:

Millfield Community Hall, Crawford Avenue, Millfield

Just to let Kurri & Cessnock locals know, the Council is holding one of their 10 year plan meetings for their 2020 program in Kurri next Tuesday 16 March. It'll be held ay the Community Centre (ie next to the Library) on Lang St at 6pm. To quote from the Facebook group:
This may be an avenue for us to get our thoughts across about the Pound and it's future in this 10 year plan.

There will be also other meetings for this Cessnock 2020 program. Alas we've missed most of them, but after the Kurri meeting, there's two more:

6pm Wednesday 17 March 2010:

Mulbring Community Hall, Stone Street, Mulbring

6pm Thursday 18 March 2010:

Millfield Community Hall, Crawford Avenue, Millfield

bump

• 2 weeks later...
What happens now DMA? :rofl:

Welll I've passed the petition onto the people who have been doing long term negotiations with the council, so hopefully it will be presented before council somewhere over the next fortnight. After that, well it's then up to council to either take it seriously & the implement reforms... or not...

• 7 months later...