House Sitter/dog Minder Recommendation Needed

Miss Danni

Hi all,

I am looking for a recommendation for someone that can either house sit or mind my parents 2 dogs when they go away in October.

The dogs are a Silky X and a Lhasa Apso, but the Silky X is on meds for Cushings and got very sick last time she was put into her normal boarding kennel. My Mum is now thinking that they wont be able to go away anymore until the Silky crosses the Bridge, so I would like to try to find someone reliable, experienced (especially with medicating dogs) and trustworthy to look after the dogs in their own home, which I think will help to make the Silky happier and less stressed.

Anybody know anyone that they can recommend for the Menai area?

Thanks in advance.

Our pet minder is Carolyn from Collar and Lead. She is in the area. I trust her implicitly with my animals. She has the common sense to adjust her feeding routine around my hare when he gets a bit jumpy without being told what to do or look for. That is priceless to me. We have had her in to check on the dogs when they have recently had surgery, and she's been in to daily to let the puppy out for a toilet break for the last couple of months. Don't know where we'd be without her.

I do hope you can find someone suitable... especially someone who knows what things to look for with Cushings sufferers. As you would know, things can change and become very dangerous very quickly for a Cushinoid. Hopefully your parents dog is quite stable on medication so won't be too much of a problem.

My parents just don't go away anymore :laugh: they don't trust anyone enough to medicate and monitor our girl (except me but having to work full time causes a problem)... It's a risk they don't feel they can take - but it is tough on them, as I'm sure it is for your parents.

Hopefully you can find someone and your parents can have a lovely holiday :rofl:

Good luck!

Thanks everyone for your help, I am passing the info onto my folks and they can decide what to do.

Unfortunately, I live over an hour away and the dogs cant stay with us, we have 8 GSDs and my parents dogs dont like them, so they would be too stressed to come to our place. Our fantastic house/dog/horse minder could not go that far to Mum's, she would have been perfect.

Kelly_Louise, Cindy has been doing well on her meds since she got over getting sick last time they put her in the boarding kennel. She ended up at the vets for most of the time that Mum and Dad were away and she was not a well dog. Luckily the vet is only 3 mins away and knows Cindy very well. I think that Cindy will be quite happy at home with some nice lady coming to see her twice a day and feed her roast chicken!