Bloody Backyarders

yellowgirl

For those of you who are standing on your soapbox and preaching to these puppy buyers, please keep in mind that they have done NOTHING wrong. Please don't make them feel bad. They have done everything they thought was right, and in the cases where they are contacting pet professionals, they are continuing to do the right thing by the puppy by seeking good food, vaccinations, info etc.

I don't think anyone is having a go at the buyers, it's the people who are breeding and selling the pups that I have the problem with. My aim is to try to educate people, not preach to them. Many of the 'breeders' are well aware of what is in the best interests of their puppies, but for those who are in it purely for the money they have no qualms about preying on the ignorance of others. Ignorance is only changed by education and explanation. Many people have learnt so much about unscrupulous breeders and puppy farmers since joining DOL. For every person we educate, that's another person converted to the truth about puppy farmers.

Every one of us, myself included, began our journey with the dogs we love with a limited amount of knowledge. Mistakes are made, but with education and an open mind they are not repeated. It warms my heart to hear of members who have had their eyes opened and are now embracing that knowledge, and in many cases adding their voice to educate others about puppy farmers and bad breeders.

Paraphrasing Oprah... when you know better, you do better :eek:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who are standing on your soapbox and preaching to these puppy buyers, please keep in mind that they have done NOTHING wrong. Please don't make them feel bad. They have done everything they thought was right, and in the cases where they are contacting pet professionals, they are continuing to do the right thing by the puppy by seeking good food, vaccinations, info etc.

I don't think anyone is having a go at the buyers, it's the people who are breeding and selling the pups that I have the problem with. My aim is to try to educate people, not preach to them. Many of the 'breeders' are well aware of what is in the best interests of their puppies, but for those who are in it purely for the money they have no qualms about preying on the ignorance of others. Ignorance is only changed by education and explanation. Many people have learnt so much about unscrupulous breeders and puppy farmers since joining DOL. For every person we educate, that's another person converted to the truth about puppy farmers.

Every one of us, myself included, began our journey with the dogs we love with a limited amount of knowledge. Mistakes are made, but with education and an open mind they are not repeated. It warms my heart to hear of members who have had their eyes opened and are now embracing that knowledge, and in many cases adding their voice to educate others about puppy farmers and bad breeders.

Paraphrasing Oprah... when you know better, you do better :eek:

So right...knowledge is a wonderful thing, but like everything you have to acquire it....before DOLers I was ignorant of most issues discussed in this forum..I just knew I liked dogs. Now I know I won't replicate many of the mistakes I made before and yes, I probably bought my dogs the 'wrong' way and won't do so again...but that said, i will never regret doing what I did as my dogs are my world! So for me DOL is a good learning tool..for the future, but not for the past.