This One Time, At The Dog Park.....

SeeGee

So Charlie has selective recall, especially when on a scent. Believe me, we are working on it.

At the dog park today, I was mentioning to one of the other doggie mums that Charlie has trouble with recall, especially when we are at the dog park - too many things to sniff out, so he really keeps me on my toes when we are there so I can keep him in check.

Well, when someone went to leave I automatically (usually fruitlessly) called *Charlie, come here boy, Charlie!*.....(we like to keep him away from the gate - see other posts as to why lol) and he came tearing at me, ears flapping in the wind, spittle hanging out of his mouth, jumping up onto my legs with his two front paws....you get the jist....

Well, the other doggie mummy looked at me, cracked up laughing, and said *oh yea, you got a real handful there don't you* .............

Makin a liar outta me, I don't know :champagne:

If you mean the feeling it gave me when i saw him tearing towards me...........I felt so much pride.

i know its probably silly, but he is such an incredible dog, and to be his owner makes me proud. :champagne::thumbsup: Proud, but at the same time so stupid cos I looked like i was speaking crap lol.

If you mean the feeling it gave me when i saw him tearing towards me...........I felt so much pride.

i know its probably silly, but he is such an incredible dog, and to be his owner makes me proud. :champagne::thumbsup: Proud, but at the same time so stupid cos I looked like i was speaking crap lol.

That's exactly what I mean, you want to just give them the biggest cuddle ever when they do something like that.

Not silly at all, you should be proud of your pooch. I let my boy sit out the front of the house around school-run time, because there are normally more people walking by. My office is at the front, so I can hear all the people coo-ing at him. It makes me smile with pride (and he isn't even recalling properly !)

My boy did this at dog training once. I approached the instructor saying we were having a bit of trouble with the recall, he seemed to enjoy doing the "fly-by"! She asked me to demonstrate, and of course he did the best recall ever, so enthusiastic and sat right on my feet. I don't know if he's done it that well since :rofl: