Suddenly Coughing

I worked overnight, leaving Tonka in one room as I normally do, last night. When I came home today he had a little, frequent cough. It isn't severe but is "lightly throaty" and happens at least once every five minutes, more if he is active.

He has just come from five days at a kennel last week, got his yearly vaccination before he went, plus I ran out of his normal food, so pulled an open bag of dry food from the cupboard to tide him over until I get to the shop tomorrow...the packet has been open for a while :champagne: and he has been having it since yesterday.

As quite a new dog owner, I'm wondering if I should do anything. Once before, he was sneezing when I got him back from the kennel and I went to the vet...but it didn't seem required...

Should I wait a few days to see? It has only been today. Plus I'm not giving him anymore of this dry food!

Just found this:

Do vaccinations guarantee that my pet will not sick?

Vaccinations cannot stop an animal from becoming infected by a virus, but they do reduce the chance and severity of infections and make recovery quicker. This is the reason that dogs may still pick up Canine Cough, even when vaccinated with a C5, or why cats can get the flu even when fully vaccinated. The benefits are that they are generally less unwell than an unvaccinated animal, and more resistant to the development of disease.

So I will wait and see...I feel like I'm having a private monologue, sharing the contents of my thought process on a public forum :champagne: Hope it's interesting for someone else!

Just found this:

Do vaccinations guarantee that my pet will not sick?

Vaccinations cannot stop an animal from becoming infected by a virus, but they do reduce the chance and severity of infections and make recovery quicker. This is the reason that dogs may still pick up Canine Cough, even when vaccinated with a C5, or why cats can get the flu even when fully vaccinated. The benefits are that they are generally less unwell than an unvaccinated animal, and more resistant to the development of disease.

So I will wait and see...I feel like I'm having a private monologue, sharing the contents of my thought process on a public forum :champagne: Hope it's interesting for someone else!

You know what they say about people that talk to themselves

Give your dog some Active Manuka Honey (UMF 20+ or higher). It will help soothe and repair unease in your dog's throat. It also helps to support the immune system. You can also put some in a small quantity of water to encourage drinking (but don't over do it or they can drink too much water).