Looking For A Mat...

Kelly_Louise

I'm looking for a mat for Sasha... just for when she needs to sleep inside with us (she usually sleeps in her carpeted bedroom in the garage)... It's mostly for when there are storms/fireworks/noise outside that will upset her. I'm looking for something foam (doesn't need to be really thick, even a couple of inches will do) that has a vinyl or plastic cover that won't hold wet dog smell and that dirt/mud can just brush or wipe off. It will be covered with her blanket anyway, but just something that is easy to care for (especially if it's wet) and I don't have to wash every time it's used. Just something to make it more comfy for her, doesn't have to be extravagant it won't get used everyday, and although she LOVES to lie on her blankie on the tiles (and mostly kicks her blankie from under her) I just want something soft that she can't manipulate and won't get stiff on. Has to be a fair size though as she is quite a big dog with loooooong leggy's, but as long as most of her can fit on it!

We used to have a perfect mat that would fold up and it was kind of like a car mattress... but that was many years ago and I can't find anything similar...

Any ideas please? :laugh:

I have a couple that came from a pet supply place on Parramatta Road at Haberfield .. Aussiepets or something like that. We use them inside and if my leaky dog leaks on one I just give it a hose down and a bit of a scrub.

I imagine the edge stitching isn't completely waterproof but I don't submerge them and they're holding well.

I'm thinking of the mats we use at my personal training.... they would be perfect! I'll ask my trainer when I see her this afternoon where she gets them. They're covered with a vinyl and are about a metre by about 700mm, dark green in colour. Maybe a gym supply shop would have them.