So Proud Of My Dogs

Nic oh lah

Yep - Sophie is amazing. And Vader as far as a foster goes blows my mind ;) For him to come from a background of racing kennels where he received no affection (as evidenced by the fact that he was terrified the first time i tried to pat him or cuddle him) to having such a bond with a person that he would guard me is fantastic. It's all Sophies doing really. I am 100% serious in my belief that he has adapted so quickly to being a pet and family dog because of her example - I still pinch myself that someone just GAVE Sophie to me, this beautiful dog with an amazing Pedigree and the most phenomenal nature. :)

Moron yells that he just wants to grab their balls and jumps into the yard! Oh my goodness. Dog's rushed him barking and growling - Sophie jumped on him full force and sent him flying - backwards into a pile of dog crap - lol.

:eek:

He got out of that yard LIGHTNING FAST, dogs were back to happy boofheads, and i was internally laughing my ass off as he said "oh my F.....ing god NEVER go near that yard, shes got an Alsatian and a really big whippet and they're like professional guard dogs". :mad

:laugh: :D

Nasty dogs those giant killer whippets :rofl:

Moron yells that he just wants to grab their balls and jumps into the yard! Oh my goodness. Dog's rushed him barking and growling - Sophie jumped on him full force and sent him flying - backwards into a pile of dog crap - lol.

:eek:

He got out of that yard LIGHTNING FAST, dogs were back to happy boofheads, and i was internally laughing my ass off as he said "oh my F.....ing god NEVER go near that yard, shes got an Alsatian and a really big whippet and they're like professional guard dogs". :mad

:laugh: :D

Nasty dogs those giant killer whippets :rofl:

Viscious beasts.

Saw the neighbour checking his mail this morning when I was going to work - he said "sorry about my mate the other night". I said "yeah well Sophie I can control but the GREYHOUND is unpredictable" - lol, to which he responded "Props to youze eh for being able to handle, like, viscious dogs... and stuff". Sigh.

I then smiled and got in my car to drive off with a wave - didn't see fit to point out that the unpredictble thing about Vader is that I dont know whether he's going to curl up and sleep any second - haha.

Is it unusal for Greyhounds to be watch / guard dogs? They are imposing to people that don't know the breed - but Vader is such a sook I was really shocked when he went in to look after me. I'm so touched - what a thank you to me for fostering him than to protect me as his pack leader.

Is it unusal for Greyhounds to be watch / guard dogs? They are imposing to people that don't know the breed - but Vader is such a sook I was really shocked when he went in to look after me. I'm so touched - what a thank you to me for fostering him than to protect me as his pack leader.

I don't know particularly about Greyhounds, but I have found other sighthounds to be protective of their people in the face of what they perceive as a real threat, especially a male sighthound with a female owner. Just my experience.