Doggy Dancing

Hi

I am going to eat my words (sorry Ralphdog) and have a go at Doggy Dancing with one or more of my dogs.

Can anyone recommend classes or trainers in Brisbane?

Has anyone heard of Collie Roughs doing it? Are they ok at it? I wonder if they will be sufficiently attentive?

My girl is a MAJOR show off and I can see her loving it - if she can keep her mind on the job and not wander off for pats in the slow parts ha ha

Colliehound

We've got a couple of Rouch Collies here in WA doing it and they are every bit as good as any of the other dogs doing it. Haven't been to see a comp for awhile but I'm sure that some have got their starter titles.

We've got a couple of Rouch Collies here in WA doing it and they are every bit as good as any of the other dogs doing it. Haven't been to see a comp for awhile but I'm sure that some have got their starter titles.

Thank you - good to hear!!!

I've only just seen this thread (don't come into the Training forum very often), but if I'm correct you sent us an email from the website (they come to my OH)? If by chance it wasn't you (or there is anyone else who is interested in DwD), next Saturday evening we have a trial on at Mt Gravatt showgrounds (starts at 5pm) if you'd like to come along & have a look at the sport.

As for training, I don't know where you are but the DwD club here in Brisbane is starting beginner classes in May. I personally train at VIP, they have both beginner & advanced classes on a Tuesday night. There are also a few obedience clubs around who have some members who do DwD, Pine Rivers & Redlands are 2 that spring to mind but I don't think they have any formal classes, just members who get together to train.

Hesa, we are just soooooo excited about Richard coming to Brisbane, you'll remember that we went to see him in Sydney. He is doing an evening seminar about drive & motivation at Durack on Wed the 21st April & then the 2 day workshop at Camp Tailwaggers on the 24th & 25th. I'm pretty sure the spots with dogs are long gone for the weekend workshop, but I'm sure there will be spots available for spectators, if you are interested CollieHound just email Ann at CampTailwaggers. Or contact the DwD club for the Wednesday evening seminar, there are still places left for that one.

ETA - if you come along to the trial next Saturday make sure you come & say hi, everyone is very friendly & will be only too happy to let you know what's going on etc if you ask. I was entered in Intermediate Freestyle but not sure if I'll be competing now & may not have Jarrah with me, but if you look for the music man that's Dagboy my OH, he'll be able to pass you along to either me or someone who can give you a run down on how it all works :thumbsup: .

Edited by MrsD

MrsD and Dagboy, may be getting a little senile, but yes of course remember Richard in Sydney in 2006, was it that long ago :laugh::laugh:

Good to hear you are really into Doggy Dancing :laugh: we just don't have the time these days to participate, our w/e's full with Saturdays showing and Sundays herding.

Do you remember the video of Panda in NZ?. Put on Hill Billy Rock Hill Billy Roll on Tuesday 'cause they all (and humans) suffering from cabin fever. Panda

went into "drive" mode, he still remembers the music after nearly 9 years :thumbsup: