Recipe For Homemade Dog Food

My four year old labs seem quite healthy but they have a condition where their noses continually peel.The vet says it is a genetic disorder a bit like lupus.

Does anyone have any idea about this condition and , despite being told this is something which I can only alleviate, I thought I might try a homemade dog food diet and would like some recipes/ ideas etc Thanks!

Use the search feature here for Discoid Lupus.

A biopsy will confirm if it is in fact D.L.E.

We treated my sheltie with aristocort cream, a human cortosteriod.

Thanks, did the cortisone cream help? Did you have to use it for long periods?

Our son has another brother to my dogs and he does not have it. Does change of diet help?

Thanks for replying

I'm currently feeding my dogs [and MIL's dogs] 50% raw diced roo and 50% mashed pumpkin for breakfast then for dinner they get chicken necks [MIL's dogs] or turkey necks [my dogs]. They get about 2% of their body weight in meat/bones, although MIL's are getting about 1% because they need to lose weight and one of mine gets a bit extra as he burns food at an incredible rate.

Edited by Ravyk

Get rid of plastic bowls and water buckets. Use only metal or ceramic. Nobody seems to know why, but it can make a difference in some dogs.

I know a couple of dogs with this where the symptoms are controlled by topical application of aloe vera.