Stranger Test Behaviour Study

KismetKat

Mokha and I participated in this study last weekend. Now Mokha at home is usually never far from me and is not too fussed about getting attention from anyone but family members. When we entered all he did was sniff, did not look up once. Was not interested in the stranger. What I thought was adorable and I did not expect it was when I left the room he sat and maintained the sit looking at the exit for quite a while. When at home before he comes inside he must always do a lovely sit. I was glad to see him do this. When I did not come back he started to whine and scratch at the door. When I came back in he lied in front of me until called by the stranger at which point he did go up for a pat but quickly came back, gave my hands a quick lick, something he does at home, a bit like a thankyou gesture usually straight after eating. All in all he behaved exactly as I hoped he would and very consistent with how he is at home. I would love to do it with Molly, she would probably climb in his lap,she loves attention.

I think she still needs more dogs and I asked had she had any Great Danes and she said no, so anyone with a Dane that might like to participate would be great.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We participated last weekend also. One of the idea's I get from the test is that if anything it can to some point show that good companion dogs can be of any breed and that dogs should not be labelled agressive because of their "breed". Hence one of the reasons I participated. Having Bullmastiffs I like to take any opportunity to show how placid, friendly and easy going they are and squash peoples misconceptions.