Melbourne People

Pointees

I took my two to Lilydale Lake for the first time on Sunday and had a fantastic time.

There was a walkway all around the Lake which you can take dogs onlead (one lap is approx 2.5 km) and also a great off lead area.

The off lead area is down below the walkway so quite easy to keep excited dogs contained and not disturb other people. There is also a marvellous creek. While we were there, there was this funny Mal that stole another dog's ball and swam out to the middle of the creek and refused to move or relinquish ball for ages despite pleas from owner and dog that owned the ball who was running up and down the creek bank whimpering. It was very funny. Everyone just waited patiently until the Mal got bored with his game.

Dogs slept well that night.

Is the offlead area fenced off?

It sounds like a lovely walk, you seem to have gone a good day for a walk, and entertainment. :laugh:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took my two to Lilydale Lake for the first time on Sunday and had a fantastic time.

There was a walkway all around the Lake which you can take dogs onlead (one lap is approx 2.5 km) and also a great off lead area.

The off lead area is down below the walkway so quite easy to keep excited dogs contained and not disturb other people. There is also a marvellous creek. While we were there, there was this funny Mal that stole another dog's ball and swam out to the middle of the creek and refused to move or relinquish ball for ages despite pleas from owner and dog that owned the ball who was running up and down the creek bank whimpering. It was very funny. Everyone just waited patiently until the Mal got bored with his game.

Dogs slept well that night.

Is the offlead area fenced off?

It sounds like a lovely walk, you seem to have gone a good day for a walk, and entertainment. :laugh:

No, but it's bordered by a steep bank and off lead flat area on the Lake side, and a walking track with lots of trees and a carpark on the other side. The creek is lovely! When the rain is good it's quite deep too, a lovely place for the dogs to cool off in summer. :)

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

• 3 weeks later...

There are some lovely walking places in Sunbury that we have recently found.

Lake, off lead area, walking track.

That girls and I love it. :dancingelephant:

A friend and I are having a catch up at Kepala on Wednesday the 5th of May, anyone who would like to come is welcome. I'm calling tomorrow to book it in, so PM me.

Edited by Pointees