I Dropped My Camera

SSS

:thumbsup::( ;) :rofl: :p I picked up my camera bag and didnt realise I had left it open.. BANG canon 400D that I've had a few years went splat on the floor.

There is a big crack across the flash (and the word canon)... the flash wont open, all my pictures are completely dark even if I take them in a very bright room where no flash is needed.

What do you think the chances are I can get it fixed for less than the price of a new camera ;)

I'd say you've probably killed it. :rofl:

Have you thought of a second hand camera? You could probably pick up a 400d or 450d from somewhere for not very much.

I know you can get a 40d for about $800 second hand at the moment if you want to upgrade or you can get the 450d for quite a lot less than that.

I dont think I've got a chance with my insurance... but I will double check just in case.

I'll take the lens in to be checked too and start looking for a 2nd hand body :laugh:

Aw crap, muffincav. I know exactly how you feel. I was cleaning my camera on a hotel bed and my lovely 70-200 L lens rolled off onto the tiles and I killed it.

It was insured though. I insure my camera gear as I just can't be trusted with nice things not to ruin them.

I dont think I've got a chance with my insurance... but I will double check just in case.

I'll take the lens in to be checked too and start looking for a 2nd hand body :laugh:

If it's not insured against breakage, is it insured against loss or theft? ;)

• 3 weeks later...