What To Feed My Golden Pup

Hmmm, unsure if Im going to keep feeding chicken necks or not...tonight I discovered she is eating them whole!

I forgot to defrost a pack, so I grabbed one out of the freezer (pack of 3) and sat them out to defrost, gave them their biscuits

Later on tonight when they were defrosted I took the dogs out to their bowls, gave a neck to Lexi, went to throw the next to Tess so she wasnt missing out, and before Tess even got hers Lexi had already finished hers, she tried to get Tessas a couple of times before she realised I had another one, that one I held while she ate it, that way she could only chew on a bit at a time and made her eat it properly

Does anyone think there will be a problem with the one she ate whole? Im guessing because its smooth, straight and reasonably bendy it will make its way through ok...could be interesting for her to get out the other end

My silly silly puppy...need to teach her a bit of food refusal and respect I think, I already make her wait before I release her before she gets her food, but this is the first of the fresh food I have given her and she wasnt even a little bit polite, infact she nipped me a few times, I replied with a yelp and she realised she was biting me lol

Hmmm, unsure if Im going to keep feeding chicken necks or not...tonight I discovered she is eating them whole!

Pretty common with dogs big enough to do so. Bin the necks and buy wings, maryland, drumstick or turkey necks (they're HUGE!) or wing pieces

Does anyone think there will be a problem with the one she ate whole? Im guessing because its smooth, straight and reasonably bendy it will make its way through ok...could be interesting for her to get out the other end

She won't be getting it out the other end - it's going to be digested along the way :laugh:

Swallowing chicken necks whole is extremely dangerous - they're the same size and shape as the trachea - far too easy to inhale and choke and virtually impossible to get back out again if they go down the "wrong tube". I won't give them to anything over 5 or 6 weeks old around here.