Discoloured Front Tooth

Hi everyone,

Yesterday at a dog show a friend noticed Freddy, my 9 month old Golden, had a grey front tooth. She said he could have damaged it and to keep an eye on it as the nerve might be dying and if it goes black then he needs to have it removed.

Can anyone with experience tell me if I can treat it? I have some human tooth mouse which adds calcium and helps protect teeth but if it's the nerve I don't think that will do much.

Thanks in advance.

What's human tooth mouse?? Never heard of it.

anyway I've had one whippet who had a discoloured tooth that came good and another that died. I think it was bruised and it healed. I didn't know that could happen until I saw it on Penny. Then Feather also had a discoloured tooth that died and just recently I had it taken out. My advice would be to watch it.

What's human tooth mouse?? Never heard of it.

I meant mousse :thumbsup: It is a calcium supplement for teeth. I use it for sensitive teeth and it is great.

I really hope it comes good. He is a show dog and even though I've been told he can still be shown as long as I have a vet certificate saying it was lost due to damage than being born without one, I would still like him to keep it. I will watch it and see how he goes. He still is eating fine and it doesn't worry him when I poke and prod it and it's not wobbly at all.

One of Griffens canines was dead, although it was still grey not black.

The vet told me it would have to come out eventually but while it's not hurting it's ok to leave it.

I was told once a week to tap the tooth with my finger nail, if he doesn't flinch then it's not hurting.

Although try doing that with a giant breed who doesn't like having his mouth looked at :o