Stupid Backyard Breeders

Ainsley

2 X BLACK MALES WITH WHITE/BROWN MARKINGS

Sounds like something else is in there anyway - last I checked Labs didn't come in multicolour.

People have NO idea about Labs/Golden Retrievers, which is just scary as I thought they would be two breeds people would be familiar with. I don't even react now beyond quietly correcting them when people tell me I have a Lab, or people tell me I have a Lab x GR - I used to explain the difference, but then I had people say "right so yours is a long haired golden retriever" Sigh.

They no less about Flatcoated Retrievers too :hug: We had a black Flatty girl years ago, to most people was a long haired Labrador :rainbowbridge: We still have a long haired Labrador but this one is gold :hug:

Edited by Longcoat

Wow, I just had a classic at the park today

I was there alone, and I saw a lady come with what appeared to be a Golden Retriever, and a black Lab, my dogs went racing over and I went to say hello, I was saying to Lexi "Look Lex, a grown up Goldie!" anyway, the owner tells me he is actually a cross between a Lab and a Golden, and that his brother (same litter) was coming just behind her

Look up, and a very Lab looking Golden X Lab is walking in, wasnt long before I noticed he wasnt desexed, the other two were. Anyway after a while his owner says something about how he doesnt know what 'it' is for, but he will give him another 12 months to see if he can find a female for him...

Well at least he is looking for a decent girl by the sounds, but his boy is worthless as a stud...man I wish I had the guts to tell him that any cross breed dog should be desexed, and that any pure bred dog (like my two) who arent intended to be bred should also get desexed as soon as they are old enough

What makes it worse is that I had a little rant about Oodles and he was agreeing with me in the fact that they are over priced mutts...

Edited by GoldenGirl85

ASk Ceilidh about when the customer kept ringing her up to have her long haired Labrador groomed and trimmed up. :laugh:

In the end she wouldnt believe there was no such thing so Ceilidh gave her a quote of some humungus $$$. She never rang back :laugh: