Urine Staining

liamber

Hi There

I have an 11 month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who has a very bad habit of peeing on himself :mad He has gone and stained all his coat on his belly and on the feathering of his front legs :mad I have tried the bicarb soda and vinegar trick with no result at all except it made him smell nice :) Please any suggestions would be very helpful.

My friend has a white standard poodle (well 5 actually :) ) that she shows. She puts plastic sleeves on the feet when they go out to pee... Its mainly the boys that are the problem.

They are basically like a sock that is open on both ends with elastic on each end to stop them falling of. They are made out of that thin Vinyl material..

Sorry no other ideas for the tummy other then shaving/trimming it

Dont know if this is an option :mad

Edited by Gilypoo

My friend has a white standard poodle (well 5 actually :) ) that she shows. She puts plastic sleeves on the feet when they go out to pee... Its mainly the boys that are the problem.

They are basically like a sock that is open on both ends with elastic on each end to stop them falling of. They are made out of that thin Vinyl material..

Sorry no other ideas for the tummy other then shaving/trimming it

Dont know if this is an option :mad

I have trimmed his belly hair before and that is ok at the moment as he isn't in the ring, he has only dropped down

1 testicle :mad so he has not been in the ring for about 5 months now. I have thought about shaving it and trimming his feathering and then just having to wash him everytime he pees on himself. At the moment I am washing his belly and legs about 2-3 times a week because he is quite smelly from the urine!! I was wanting to get his white back so that when he is desexed we can show him as neuter and get his title that way.

Thanks for your advice tho, the plastic socks sound like it could be the way to go.

11 months old & only 1 testicle dropped ? :flame:

Forget the shows & book him in the vet asap. The other testicle needs to be found & it is not going to drop now.

Retained inside the body it will be too warm & so the problem, sometimes cancer, can start.

Needs sorting out more than pee stains for sure. The testicle may be anywhere inside the body if you can't feel it where it should be.

11 months old & only 1 testicle dropped ? :laugh:

Forget the shows & book him in the vet asap. The other testicle needs to be found & it is not going to drop now.

Retained inside the body it will be too warm & so the problem, sometimes cancer, can start.

Needs sorting out more than pee stains for sure. The testicle may be anywhere inside the body if you can't feel it where it should be.

I am VERY aware of the testicle situation!!! Have been to 2 different vets and both have said that it can turn cancerous but unlikely at such a young age. I could possibly wait up until he is 4 -5 years old. Obviously I am not going to wait that long am I??? I have under strict instructions from his breeders been asked to wait until he is at least 12 months old. So at the moment, althought I am concerned about the testicle, I am also concerned about the pee stains!! But thanks for your advice anyway. :rofl: