Owners Of Big Boofy Rescues!

Kissindra

I'm too scared to add it all up!

Bigger harnesses, beds, collars, flea stuff, food worm stuff, vacc - all adds up compared with a smaller dog.

What I find a bit daunting though is the thought of one day being in a situation with Stevie when she's helpless and I have to carry her. She was bitten by a bull-ant at the park one day and wouldn't put weight on her foot but we were a slow limping 20 minute walk from the car. If it had been a snake, I don't know how I'd have found someone to help me carry a 38kg dog, let alone lift her into the car.

I do love my boof-head though, with her big eyes and beautiful ears and never having to bend down to give her a treat!

This is Mosley, he's an Anatolian/Maremma - 18 months - 45kg

He doesn't really eat THAT much more than Lili (22kg). The main difference in costs is heartworm/flea treatment and if heneeds vet treatment/medication he needs more of everything :) so that can add up.

To be honest though, the cost is not much different to any other dog, and the big boofhead love is totally worth it :(

post-25556-1269249715_thumb.jpg

Guest Clover

:) Aussie3 Mosley has grown into a handsome man.

My girl (Rottie X, not rescue though) does not cost anymore than my other guys to feed. We dont have a flea problem here, she gets 3 yearly Vaccs (around $90 i think), worming obviously costs a bit more, ad if she needs meds from the vets it she needs more which cost more.

And just because.......

post-2703-1269253486_thumb.jpg

Edited by Clover