Supercoat

By the way

Do you really know how many growth hormones are in beef, pork and chicken.

do you know what chemicals have been used on the vegetables you use in your barf diet???

These are the same products we eat as well.

I am happy to give dogs the same food I eat, but I would not eat Supercoat :laugh:

No sense of adventure Gareth!! :thumbsup:

I've heard that it's really ummmm 'meaty'.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am well aware of the pesticides and chemicals used on my food and my dogs food. It doesn't mean that I resort to eating fast food because I can't get wholefoods with no traces of chemicals. :laugh: Interesting logic though. :thumbsup:

I love both the vets who I use who support the use of raw diet - one doesn't sell premium dog food in his waiting room. He is an extremely well known vet amongst show people and people travel far and wide to see him for the various treatments he can offer. "Junk food" was the words I recall him using in relation to dry kibble when I told him that I'd made the switch several years ago. I guess he sees a lot of the arthritis and chronic conditions caused by long term feeding of grains and cooked meat.

Less than a year ago you were telling everyone on DOL that you feed your dogs Opitmum. Or did I get that wrong???

Optimum analysis.

Chicken and chicken by-products; cereal protein; corn; wheat; sorghum; rice; minerals (di-calcium phosphate, potassium chloride, zinc sulphate, ferrous sulphate, copper sulphate, potassium iodide, selenium); sugar beet pulp; beef tallow;vegetable oil; salt; vegetables; chicken digest; inulin; vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12, C, D, E and choline); sodium tripolyphosphate (STPP); taurine; plant extracts (marigold meal, lucerne extract, tomato powder); preservative; glucosamine hydrochloride and antioxidants.

Supercoat analysis

Ingredients

Meat and meat by-products (from chicken and beef), wholegrain cereals (wheat and/or sorghum), wheat bran, whole linseeds, beet pulp, iodised salt, mixed natural tocopherols (vitamin E), rosemary plant extract, vitamins (A, D, E, K, B1, B6, niacin, riboflavin, folic acid, choline, biotin, B12), trace minerals (iron, zinc, copper, manganese), glucosamine, chondroitin, lutein, garlic and kelp.

Edited by stonebridge

Less than a year ago you were telling everyone on DOL that you feed your dogs Opitmum. Or did I get that wrong???

You got that wrong.

If I do buy kibble it will be Optimum and it's only to supplement the calorie intake of an extremely thin dog that I have difficulty keeping weight on. He gets puppy kibble to supplement his diet sometimes. When I have it here he gets it about twice a week as an extra meal at the other end of the day to his 2kg of raw food. Otherwise my dogs get it on occassion out of pure convenience when I've been working long hours and haven't gotten to the supermarket. Early last year I scored some 8kg bags of Optimum for $20 each and they lasted about 8 months between three dogs.

T bone is 7 and I've been feeding mostly a raw diet since he was 12 months old.

Why the hell would I be talking about raw food and promoting it if I had my dogs on an 'Optimum' diet? :thumbsup:

Edited by blacklabrador

Because it's not relevant to how much somebody knows about dogs. Some people have the same experience over and over and never learn from it. Others sit back and learn from others mistakes and learn a whole lot quicker. :laugh:

I don't really care why you asked it. It doesn't change the fact that supermarket dry food is crap. :thumbsup:

what ever!!!!!!

I dont actually give a rats arse what you think.

It is all relevant to how much someone knows about dogs. We all started somewhere and we all continue to learn.

Judging by your topics you have a long way to go but you come across as if you know it all.

By the way

Do you really know how many growth hormones are in beef, pork and chicken.

do you know what chemicals have been used on the vegetables you use in your barf diet???

These are the same products we eat as well.

all natural!!!!

I dont think so.

To everyone out there.. make up your own minds please.

Supermarket food is not all crap

The hormones in chicken is one of the main reasons I stopped feeding it to my dog and I dont eat a lot of meat myself because if this.

The hormones in chicken is one of the main reasons I stopped feeding it to my dog and I dont eat a lot of meat myself because if this.

So you feed a kibble that doesn't contain chicken?

I feed my dogs chicken pieces no more than twice a week - they get turkey quite often though. For us I buy organic chicken - it's not chemical free but it contains less.

You got that wrong.

If I do buy kibble it will be Optimum and it's only to supplement the calorie intake of an extremely thin dog that I have difficulty keeping weight on. He gets puppy kibble to supplement his diet sometimes. When I have it here he gets it about twice a week as an extra meal at the other end of the day to his 2kg of raw food. Otherwise my dogs get it on occassion out of pure convenience when I've been working long hours and haven't gotten to the supermarket. Early last year I scored some 8kg bags of Optimum for $20 each and they lasted about 8 months between three dogs.

T bone is 7 and I've been feeding mostly a raw diet since he was 12 months old.

Why the hell would I be talking about raw food and promoting it if I had my dogs on an 'Optimum' diet? :thumbsup:

well geeze louise

you either barf feed or you dont.

you either mix or you dont.

you tell me

you are the one that made the topic

you either made the switch "several years ago" or you frigging didnt

leaves thread shaking ones head and laughs quietly

Edited by stonebridge

well geeze louise

you tell me

You really need to lose the nasty attitude and stop making personal attacks. BL has been extremely civil considering your repeated snipiness.

Diet is not just BARF or dry. It is not black and white. I sometimes use a good quality dry too, but prefer to feed human quality natural food when possible.

What is wrong with mixing and experimenting? You think we have to stick to one rule when feeding the dogs? Why?

I feed my dogs chicken pieces no more than twice a week - they get turkey quite often though. For us I buy organic chicken - it's not chemical free but it contains less.

Yes Holistic Select make a whole range of food with different flavours. I like the Anchovey, Salmon and Sardine at the moment. Their is also duck and lamb.

well geeze louise

you tell me

Oh whatever you reckon lovey :thumbsup:

I am intelligent and have a flexible mind and can see the difference. Obviously you can't but that's not my problem. I made the switch to raw feeding several years ago.

Yes Holistic Select make a whole range of food with different flavours. I like the Anchovey, Salmon and Sardine at the moment. Their is also duck and lamb.

That's an awesome range of flavours. I do have an "no anchovy" policy when it comes to Pizza though. Not sure what my dogs think about it. :thumbsup:

well geeze louise

you tell me

You really need to lose the nasty attitude and stop making personal attacks. BL has been extremely civil considering your repeated snipiness.

Diet is not just BARF or dry. It is not black and white. I sometimes use a good quality dry too, but prefer to feed human quality natural food when possible.

What is wrong with mixing and experimenting? You think we have to stick to one rule when feeding the dogs? Why?

Gareth

where have I said that you have to stick to one rule????

I have never said that. Why would I when I mix and experiment myself and have always said I do.

I dont slag off dry feeding, nor mix nor barf.

each to their own

But I also dont say one thing, yet do another......

Yep sure my posts may come across as having an attitude.

If you or anyone else doesnt like it then that is your problem, not mine

Not being rude of course

But I dont tell someone one thing while bullshitting to someone else.

Can I make it any clearer????

That's an awesome range of flavours. I do have an "no anchovy" policy when it comes to Pizza though. Not sure what my dogs think about it. :thumbsup:

The downside to that flavour is lovely fishy breath of course :laugh: I have to go with the Holistic Select as its one of the yeast and gluten free kibbles here in WA. Roo meat and bones agree with my boy so he gets roo mince and when I can get them roo bones too, they are the only bones that dont make him ill.

well geeze louise

you tell me

Gareth

where have I said that you have to stick to one rule????

I have never said that. Why would I when I mix and experiment myself and have always said I do.

I dont slag off dry feeding, nor mix nor barf.

each to their own

But I also dont say one thing, yet do another......

Yep sure my posts may come across as having an attitude.

If you or anyone else doesnt like it then that is your problem, not mine

Not being rude of course

But I dont tell someone one thing while bullshitting to someone else.

Can I make it any clearer????

Backs away slowly. Just have another drink love and calm down. :thumbsup:

Backs away slowly. Just have another drink love and calm down. :thumbsup:

Is that a slag off on the fact that I have a small drinking problem????????????????????Do you want to take that further???

At least I admit it.

At least I am not a bullshitter.

If you have a drinking problem then it's not something I know about or would joke about.

However your posts don't make sense - it was a comment regarding your behaviour. If you've had too much then I suggest you log off and go do something else. You're certainly not making much sense here.

Edited by blacklabrador

I tried supercoat on my litter in 2008,they did well on it,but lots of end product,so back to coprice for me as the dry portion of their diet.

I did try mine on a total raw diet and they looked like shit and had to feed a huge amount to keep weight on them,so i have a compromise with the 1 700gm tin a day o f coprice and the rest is a raw mix.Works for me. :thumbsup:

And yes,i know,coprice is crap too apparently,but when i see a dog of mine raised on science diet,and looks no better than one of my coprice dogs,i cant justify the price difference.

No hormones in chicken. Illegal for about 20 years. And inspectors used to check it, but they are not used now. :thumbsup:

No hormones in chicken. Illegal for about 20 years. And inspectors used to check it, but they are not used now. :thumbsup:

Are u 100% sure? If they dont use hormones why are the chicken breasts you see in store so huge compared to what they used to be?? and Why are the organic ones more of a regular size?