Do Your Dogs Change In Temprement Around A Pregnant Bitch?

Labkisses

Hello everyone,

Strange question here but I was just wondering if your dogs (either male or females) changed in temprement around pregnant females?

Some of you may already know that one of my girls is hopefully (fingers crossed) pregnant..we're going for an ultrasound on Thursday...so nervous but excited!

I found that after my girl was mated my other bitch become very playful with her and wouldnt leave the poor thing alone. I mean even at all hours of the morning. This is very unusual because she is usually not the playful one and would rather laze around home.

Just wondering if anyone else had this type of experience??

Thanks

I find that when a bitch has been mated, she is often more dominant in her behaviour around other bitches. Perhaps your non mated bitch is reacting in a playful, submissive way because she is picking up the "don't mess with me" vibes from the one that has been mated.

I find all this complicated and haven't figured it out. My girls avidly sniff one another's pee and seem to be learning something from doing so. They go through spells of mounting one another. Sometimes they get more emphatic about peeing on top of where the other one pee'd and when someone is in season the humping gets excited and frequent. I' sure it all has something to do with reporoductive status, but buggered if I understand what's going on.

One of our girls was mated about three and a half weeks ago......don't know whether she is pregnant or not as yet.......but her yard mate (a male), who never plays with her at all, has started trying to get her to play with him. She is the dominant dog in the yard and always has been.