Ear Drops - Application

Erny

Thanks all. His body needs building up (but of course the 'going off eating' thing doesn't help) but I'm hoping that maturation might see that come good. He's been a late bloomer pretty much all the way through.

Cosmolo - I'm really sorry for your troubles with Dexter, and sorry for Dexter that he has them in the first place. Yes - I believe we can empathise with each other. I read of your concerns for Gilbert as well and although I haven't yet posted there, I hope the concerns are short-lived and that you find all is well with his patella and that it is merely a developmental thing that will see him good.

Laeral - we're in the "week off" for ear drops, so it has been much easier. I layed with him on his mat last night, with cotton balls that had a bit of the "Ear Clear" on them, just so that I could wipe his ears clean of any remnants. Not a problem at all and he layed there whilst I foraged his ear canals and cleaned them out. I noticed that he tends to nick off for a bit if I'm fiddling around with anything that remotely looks or sounds like bottles of potions - even when I just shake a bottle with liquid in it. But he does return. He comes trotting in when he hears his tablet bottle being opened. Cosmolo - I wish I could transfer his willingness for his tablets (he spits them sometimes, but it is as though a bit of a game/fun for him) to Dexter.

Miss Monster - I think he's got a handsome head too and even though I am biased, I do drool over some of the photo shots I've taken. But perhaps not this shot (refer next post) ..... :confused: :

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He is a gorgeous dog, and I know perhaps not on your level how hard it can be with juggling many potions for a dog, especially when they get stressed with treatment. Good luck, with a face like that I'm sure he is worth it.

Thanks for those pics Erny - Mandela is sooooo beautiful! What a head!

Must be nice for you both to have a week off ears!

Funnily enough my girl has just decided to go off chicken wings - last night :) ........I give up!!

Rat

Thanks, everyone. I'm seriously proud of my boy and his good looks. Wish I could wake up and look half as decent as he does without having made any more effort than a therapeutic stretch :):laugh:.

Rat - sorry to hear your girl has decided to get fussy over chicken wings too.

I decided to buy a whole (raw) chook and see what Mandela would do with that. Don't know why I bothered, but did wonder if the novelty might help. But no. He wouldn't touch it beyond a precursory although interested sniff. I even brought out the carving knife and cut it into some pieces (:)) but he wouldn't touch any of it. Although he got mad and protective over it when the Euro Wasps decided it was something worthwhile making a meal of. I gave it late, hoping the EW's would have disappeared, but not quite late enough. Rotten blighters. End of chook.

I am finding cooked chicken seems to be the thing at the moment and at least he's been eating this enthusiastically. He's got more rib cover since even a week ago (which was when the above photo's were taken). This is great, although in the past it has also been when he turns 'off' his food. So time will tell. But for the moment, he is looking almost the best he has at any given point of his health-checkered history. Interdigital cysts continue to look a bit better each day.

Lillium - thanks for the good wishes. He's a lot of work, as I've mentioned, but I know there are many more dog owners out there whose work is harder and even more time consuming and worrisome than mine.

And Kelpie-i .... thank you. Your comment meant a lot to me.

And Miss Monster - your Ridgies are really good looking too. I really like Monster's head as well, as shown in your signature.

Edited by Erny