Can You Sew? If So I Need Your Talents And Help Please!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.caribuhorsewear.com.au/images/D...-Dog-Coat-7.jpg

This is kind of what I had in mind?!?!

Then you may as well just look at getting a Weatherbeeter coat ;) (cheap :) )

I agree it would be easier, but I want it think so he could wear it in summer too and plus he has heat issues as it is.

That is cool Stormie - they really look great - but I am thinking that will be too warm. But perhaps this one might be the best option :eek:http://www.chillydogs.ca/productRainSlickerAllBreed.html

All this talk is making me wonder if I should get raincoats for my girls...Ive never lived in a place that rains so much!!

It hasn't rained like this in the last 15 years that I can remember - so don't worry too much!

Lol, doesnt worry me for the daytime, they have access to the garage all day, just for our walks and training days

But perhaps this one might be the best option :laugh:http://www.chillydogs.ca/productRainSlickerAllBreed.html

That looks perfect :laugh: but I don't think you are going to be able to use any coat in summer.

You're probably right - perhaps I will just go with the bonds singlets idea and see if I can find someone to modify it so I can hock around his bottom/tail so it actually stays on.

You're probably right - perhaps I will just go with the bonds singlets idea and see if I can find someone to modify it so I can hock around his bottom/tail so it actually stays on.

When I've put a t-shirt on the dogs after an op, for example, I just grab up the excess in the back and tie it in a knot... that works well... mind you, I've only done that on the girls... you'd have to tie it off in front of the willy for the boys, and make sure they didn't pee on themselves - we had some problems with vest type jackets with Asher with that (much skinnier in the back end, so it was loose) and it was most mortifying for him! :laugh: :laugh:

Hey Gilypoo - How did you go with the jacket for you girl???

Sorry ive been struck down with a Chest Infection and havent done much but sleep.. I will endeavor to complete it tonight.... Sorry I didnt update you earlier. ;)

Edited by Gilypoo

Sorry ive been struck down with a Chest Infection and havent done much but sleep.. I will endeavor to complete it tonight.... Sorry I didnt update you earlier. :rofl:

Oh my goodness you don't need to apologies - rest up and get better you poor thing! ;)

Thanks heaps... If I cant sew it tonight I will just pin it together so you get the general idea. You will def have a pic tomorrow to look at. :confused:

Sorry ive been struck down with a Chest Infection and havent done much but sleep.. I will endeavor to complete it tonight.... Sorry I didnt update you earlier. :rofl:

Oh my goodness you don't need to apologies - rest up and get better you poor thing! ;)

Thanks heaps... If I cant sew it tonight I will just pin it together so you get the general idea. You will def have a pic tomorrow to look at. :confused:

Absolutely no pressure k!

Ok so here is the finished coat... Ill admit it isnt one of my better ones but it does the trick.. Bella hates the cold and will sook unless she has something over her...

She isnt a good model, she just wanted to go back to bed :laugh:

Hope you like it..

VARIOUS1056.jpg

VARIOUS1055.jpg

VARIOUS1060.jpg

oh P.S dont mind my messy house :love: