Sonic Mice Repellers

Hounder

We had one for bugs and it annoyed the crap out of me :thumbsup:I could hear it so I'm presuming a dog could too. It wasn't really a sound that annoyed me it was more like a change in frequency and a slight ringing in my ears when I got anywhere near it... It did my head in.

I have the same problem, SK. I'm the same with televisions that are on stand-by.

Mouse traps are your best bet. Peanut butter makes a very effective bait. A friend of mine gets 20 a day at the moment just by putting 5 traps around the man-hole in the ceiling and clearing them 4x a day. I reckon he needs to stop feeding his cat.

We use them in the farm shed (2) and find them really effective. Can't hear them at all. You just have to remember to turn them off every now and then and on again so that they don't get used to the noise. Nice and easy.

Traps don't always kill properly/quickly, I know people don't care about rodents but I do and will never use traps or bait.

I have the same problem, SK. I'm the same with televisions that are on stand-by.

Argghhh, I get that too! Drives me nuts and I'm always turning everything off at the switch. We must be either very weird or have super sensitive hearing :laugh:

Back to the OP, you can get humane mouse traps that are like a little cage - you put in food and the mice go in but can't get out. We used to have them at my old work (bar/resturant). They are pretty effective... providing you have the sense to let them free well away from where you caught them. And not straight out the back kitchen door like our idiot boss did :thumbsup:

I'm getting mice inside also have been driving me nuts, can't find where the buggers are getting in, checked under sink in kitchen and bathroom and laundry to see if there was a larger hole around pipes but nope & cant find any holes anywhere else, think I need a farm cat? couldn't have 1 inside as I get Asthma from cat fur. I bought some new plastic type traps that have spring on that you just push back down and hold while you put the peanut butter on little tray inside trap and have been catching a few every couple of nights, and to open you just press down back of trap again and eject mouse into bin. That is unless you have problem that I've had couple of times that stupid mice have been caught by a back leg and have run off dragging trap with them :banghead: first one I got woken up early hours of morning to a tapping sound and dog going nuts at noise only to find mouse had run down hallway with trap in tow gone under second bedroom/puter room door and trap was stuck on outside of door going tap tap tap as mouse tried to get free. second one the other night got up in morning no trap behind sofa hmm ask dogs find mouse! JJ maltese x Shih tzu looked at me like I was mad ;) My Old terrier x girl Lady sniffed around and let me know it was under decorator table had to pull her away as she was just about to dive under tablecloth on table and would of ended up with lamp and stuff on floor was like "I'll get it for ya Mum" :happydance: 1 in lounge room couldn't see it for table cloth and again was stuck by back leg in trap. so took outside hit it with shovel couldn't bring myself to stand on it hate that squishing noise and chucked it in the bin too easy!.

Now I have another problem my old dog lady has seen trap go back behind couch and came home from work yesterday to find she'd gone behind couch and got it and had it in middle of lounge room floor it had snapped closed was very lucky she hadn't got a paw stuck in it as she would of been stuck all day until I got home so now have to pick trap up of a morning before I go to work. I'm sure she's just trying to help :) She might be 16 but still got that Terrier instinct :cooldance:

I got some of those traps the other night. We caught one but it only caught it's snout. Had to let it go :) The trap was reset and it did the job properly though don't know whether it was the same mouse or not. Had to go out today and buy some new containers to put rice and Bonios in. The little mites are such a pain.

Mind you one of the traps, the mouse would have to do a rap dance on to make it trip :laugh: