Have You Seen Rocky?

sugar

6th May 2010 02:05:38 AM

Jackie and Dejan Sumonja had their dog Rocky stolen, among other things, from their Endeavour Hills home on their wedding day. 46568

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IT was meant to be one of the happiest days of their lives, but for an Endeavour Hills couple their wedding day turned out to be one of their worst.

While Dejan and Jackie Sumonja got married in the Dandenongs on Saturday 24 April, their home was broken into and, among other things, their beloved dog Rocky was stolen.

The couple are pleading for their dog to be returned or anyone with information to come forward so they can move on and enjoy their time as newlyweds.

Mr Sumonja said the burglary had destroyed their whole week.

“We are meant to be happy newlyweds, but instead we have spent the whole week looking for our dog,” he said.

“For someone to go through this on their wedding day is just horrible.

“We have been going to pounds and have been putting up flyers at every intersection from Doveton to Rowville. We have done everything.”

Mrs Sumonja said while she had no idea what was happening at her home at the time of her wedding, looking back and thinking about the day just made her sick.

“I can’t even look back at my wedding photos … to think that while we were there having a good time and enjoying ourselves our poor dog was going through that,” she said.

“It just brings back bad memories.

“I’ve barely had any sleep since my wedding day.”

Mrs Sumonja said they had had Rocky for about two months and became very attached to their dog.

She said Rocky was re-homed to them and they wanted to give him a good life.

“He was like our kid … he was part of the family,” she said.

“If you have any sympathy could you please return him.”

Rocky is a black and white, short-haired, desexed, male, Maltese cross Poodle.

Mrs Sumonja said he had no collar on and was a house dog.

“He is very friendly, will respond to his name and he’s very energetic,” she said.

The couple is offering an award for the return of Rocky.

“It would mean everything in the world to me to get him back,” Mrs Sumonja said.

“Just to change this feeling we have now.”

Bikes and other equipment were also taken from their garage.

Anyone with information about Rocky is asked to contact Mrs Sumonja on 0413 968 178 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.