Send Me Your Stuff! Pics Post #42

yellowgirl

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are more than welcome Jo - it's such a great thing you're doing I am only too glad glad to help in whatever little way I can. :laugh: Oh and I meant to apologise in advance for the dog/cat hair on the clothes...they're all clean but when I was sorting them I'm sure some hair managed to magically attach itself to some of them. :laugh:

And I'll hopefully have another delivery of those little rope toys for you next weekend...I realised when i got home that I completely forgot to buy some lamb neck bones from you when I was up there so I'm hoping I'll get a chance to pop up again next weekend. :eek:

Give all your little cresties a big cuddle and kiss from me. :rofl:

Ok, have been to Spotlight and got some cheap fleecy material and have had Mum make up a basic pattern (I had a look at the proper ones but they looked a little complicated for my skill level). Wish me luck! I haven't touched a sewing machine since high school so this should be interesting hehe :thumbsup: Hopefully the dogs wont mind as long as they are warm.

Bit of a progress report :o . Much of my 'sewing time' has been spent unpicking what I've just done :rofl: , so it's been slow going. Also, I have a wrist injury, so that's not helping much :( ... but I have managed to get a few coats done.

I started with the 'C' pattern (Simplicity 3939) but the sleeves were a bit hard on my wrist, so I'm now trying the 'D' pattern, which is okay apart from getting the right tension on the belly band :wave:

Will keep plugging away though :rofl:

The work station at the back of the shop....

2004_0219june40008.jpg

Sarge modelling the 'D' pattern (doing his best Zoolander pose)....

2004_0219june40011.jpg

What we have so far ....

2004_0219june40016.jpg

Once I find a pattern that I can get the hang of easily and can just zip through , we should get on a bit of a roll. Practise makes perfect eh? :D

How are our other sewers progressing? :laugh: . What patterns are you using? Any tips or hints?

Glad to see you are progressing well! They look fantastic! I have 3 small and 1 large done so far. Considering my skill level I haven't even attempted to do ones with sleeves but have just done the coat part with elastic around the belly and the neck to hold them on. I think I will switch to velcro for that though so that they can fit various sized doggies! Hopefully I will get better with more practice and then I can move on to adding arms etc! :bottom:

Edited by Bonbongirl

if i got some parkas ex ski hire ones all sizes. i am taking on a rescue dogie maybe could i give you some raw materials not sure how to get it to you.... might be able to get a whole bag garbage bag of them..pants or parkas human ones.

could i get one dally sized jacket? pretty please? it would save me 60 bucks buying one.... and i could help you guys as well...

Glad to see you are progressing well! They look fantastic! I have 3 small and 1 large done so far. Considering my skill level I haven't even attempted to do ones with sleeves but have just done the coat part with elastic around the belly and the neck to hold them on. I think I will switch to velcro for that though so that they can fit various sized doggies! Hopefully I will get better with more practice and then I can move on to adding arms etc! :(

You go girl!! :thumbsup: . I've ended up making up my own pattern based on my dogs' shirts, haven't quite perfected it yet though (taught myself two new rude words in the process :rofl: ) but will continue to blunder through. The 'rejects' will still fit little dogs (or oddly shaped dogs :( ), I've just got to work out how to adjust the sleeves, etc for the bigger sizes.... getting there though :)

Thanks for posting in the rescue section, hopefully more shelters, carers, fosterers, etc will respond. With all this practice, we should have the patterns down pat for next winter :D .... so glad I'm not the only one who's not an expert sewer here :)

if i got some parkas ex ski hire ones all sizes. i am taking on a rescue dogie maybe could i give you some raw materials not sure how to get it to you.... might be able to get a whole bag garbage bag of them..pants or parkas human ones.

could i get one dally sized jacket? pretty please? it would save me 60 bucks buying one.... and i could help you guys as well...

Good on you for taking in a rescue Voloclydes :rofl: . Speaking for myself, I don't have enough expertise to make a properly measured coat for a specific dog, it's kind of pot luck here at the moment :) . I think there are some DOLers who do make coats though. They are expensive aren't they?

Come on Adelaidians! I need more material! :D . Anything fleecy or stretchy would be great.

Also, big ask here... if anyone can provide postage satchels I would be eternally grateful. Most of the coats are going interstate ( http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?show...p;#entry4593436 ) and I only have one 3kg satchel here. I can give x2 1kg Fido's Formulas in return for each 3kg satchel :)

Thank you to those who have already dropped off material :thanks:

Also want to say a big Thank You :thanks: to Bonbongirl and Ozdogs for their contributions :)

i left a huge bag of stuff with another DOL member at the meet on Sunday.I hope she can get it to you soon.....

Excellent, thank you DBT! I remembered you said you'd bring it to the meet, glad someone was able to take it to pass on. Sorry I didn't make it, hopefully I'll catch up with you at the next meet :)

Looking forward to seeing that bag of material, Thank You!! :thanks:

I am going to drop in and visit a client on Friday who's dog just passed away. They have 'some stuff' for me. I don't know exactly but i'm guessing its the dogs goods & chattels , no longer needed. I will not need them myself , but said i would take it in the hopes it can be useful to a rescue/foster group. Have to wait and see what there is ......

DBT, I'm happy to take any unwanted items and pass them onto rescues. Or you can bring them with you to the next meet and pass them straight onto Miss Squish, MizJ or Ker if they're there :eek:

Thank You for bringing in the fleece Harley!! :thanks: (brand new too!) . I was hoping I'd get some larger pieces for the bigger dogs... your huge piece of fleece will be perfect! :rofl::)

Thank you DBT for the fleece and blanket ... and the postage satchel!! :thumbsup::laugh:

We swapped a cute little shirt as a thank you for the donations :thumbsup: . This is DBT's Baby Bear in his new shirt (here's one of the t-shirts you donated Kelpiehoundmum ... it's now a doggy coat! :laugh: ) ....

2004_0101june110002.jpg

And here's Little Man in his new 'Snuggle Bug' coat (prototype of the ones I'll be making for the shop, separate to the donated coats)

2004_0101june110005.jpg

Lovely to meet you, hubby and the gorgeous little guys today DBT! :thumbsup:

Thank you again for your donations!

Edited by yellowgirl

Just wondering if you were sending any to the AWL here in Adelaide, I heard them appealing for help the other day. I have sent some blankets etc to them, but I guess they need coats too.

I just drove past the RSPCA kennels at Lonsdale and it looks so cold in there............brrr poor babes. :thumbsup:

Your coats look gorgeous, well done.

Edited by Trishm

we dropped 3 big bags of woolly jumpers at the AWL wingfield today, before we went over to meet yellowgirl.

Baby Bear & Little Man loved their outing today, and they are soooooo stylish & warm in their new jammies :) they'll sleep warm as toast tonight!

Baby Bear was feeling rather cocky in his new trendy shirt.We stopped for coffee & a snack at Maccas and then drove next door for fuel. While we were on the other side of the van fuelling up, Baby Bear snatched the Maccas bag from the door pocket, and proceeded to turn my BLT into an LT !! little b$##d was fully inside the bag when i caught him!!