Adelaide Airport

t-time

Have a friend coming up from Adelaide next week with QANTAS.

Small dog is going excess baggage but does anyone know if you can take dogs (in crates) through the terminal? :thumbsup:

Or do you have to drop them off elsewhere for Adelaide?

Thanks in advance. :thanks:

Thanks Oakydoak - I don't know what size dogs you have but with the littlies in crates you can take them right into the terminal at both Sydney & Brisbane airports and essentially, you check them in with your suitcase! :thumbsup:

perhaps the best thing to do would be to ring and ask... i recently flew a weimaraner from adelaide but she had to be booked through Australian Air Express because of her size so probably a little different to this scenario! Ring Qantas or AAE Adelaide.

They were Border Collie pups - 5kg at hte time. Would it depend on who it is booked with? I flew Virgin.

Aaah yes - you do have to drop off elsewhere for Virgin at Brisbane and Sydney :o That's why I like QANTAS :o

Thanks Sparky Tansy. Yes, after discussions with my friend and a very kind PM :love: , Adelaide won't let you take a dog into the terminal :) And it's $50 regardless even if the dog is going as excess baggage :laugh:

I travelled with my dog last month - QANTAS - Sydney to Brissy - took her in a crate, into the airport and checked her in like she was suitcase - a large suitcase 'cos they do have to go through the same place as surfboards etc. :) I had my own little plane bag and she was my 23kg check in baggage.

Got off my flight in Brisbane, went to the baggage carousel and there she was in the large baggage area. :rofl: No extra charges as she was my check-in baggage.

EASY AS! Why do other places have to make it so damn hard!!??! ;)

I'm not sure about the excess baggage thing but Australian Air Express is where I've dropped off and picked up pups from at Adelaide airport.

It is located where the old terminal used to be so if you drive past the new terminal and head toward the rear of the airport you will find the buildings.

The virgin section is across from the new terminal so you drive past that to get to quantas/air express

Goodluck.

Never done excess baggage personally but when I have sent or collected & someone brought a kitten to me as excess baggage. All send offs & pick ups were done at Virgin or Quantas freight, whichever you use.

They are close to the terminal but confusing if you do not know exactly where, go past & its round the roads until you can get back in the right part even though you can see it.

Phone the airline & ask & for directions too, safer.

Christina - you made me remember when we were in Brisbane trying to find the right place - drove around 4 times before we found it. Then when we got to Sydney - it was even worse and they pointed us in the wrong direction! Took us an hour to find it and I was so frantic. Definately all the airports need better signage.