Hypothetical Question

My sister has an OES and a friend has a full brother from an older litter. Looks wise, very very similar. Temperament wise, not so much. One is more outgoing, friendlier with a much more even temperament although lacks manners at times with other dogs (very over the top and too friendly). The other is a little less tolerant and less active in public, with better doggy manners!

I agree with what Liz T said... never get into that trap of comparing dogs. Each dog, just like each person, has their own personality... The english setter in my avatar is my heart dog and exactly what I feel the breed temperament should be, and yet I know I will probably never have another like him.

Edited by SparkyTansy

We recently done just this :) We went back to Jazz's breeders and purchase a male. I can see the same temperment, easy going, trainablility and looks, but at the same time they are total individual's, which is just fine with us :o

I do like sas 's reply, ask the breeder to help you select which pup would be right for your lifestyle etc.

I wouldn't expect two dogs, even with the same parentage to be "everything the same"