Wet Weather Gear

freundhund

Okay, I can't find my wet weather gear. (Haven't really had to use it in years.) Now with the rain we are having in Sydney, I am going to have to go and buy a new set.

I think I am looking for a jacket and trouser set, either as a set or separately.

So I need suggestions of where people have brought theirs, idea of cost and if you have any suggestions of good gear, I will need to wear at agility, showing, obedience and possibly sheep herding when I get to that.

Oh, I am on the generous size so if you know where to get for larger women that will help as well.

Thanks to everyone in advance for their help.

Apart from a fully waterproof jacket, plastic 'over' trousers have been a godsend for me. Not only for when I'm out with my own dog and it's raining - keep me dry top and bottom and therefore comfortable and warm ..... which means I'm more ready to go out in weather where others might not. But also because, as a trainer, I often find myself kneeling to assist other people with their (especially) smaller dogs or pups. Stops my jeans soaking up the water from the wet ground and also helps to save the knees in my jeans full stop.

I think Rays Outdoors would be the ones to have what you need, but there is also Aussie Disposals.

Edited by Erny

I have an event fabric rain jacket from Macpac. :thumbsup: Given I was generally wearing my wet weather gear when I was tramping around in swamps at night, falling all over the place and working up a sweat, I went for this new fabric that is way more breathable than even the best Gore Tex. Love it. :rofl: I also had a pair of wet weather chaps rather than pants. They were easier to put on, cheaper for what I got, breathed better, and were impenetrable by the evil Hakea thickets. I don't actually know where they are right now, which is very distressing. With a long jacket they are fine and nothing gets wet. The only downside was that they made a lot of noise somehow.

If you ever do anything more strenuous than an easy stroll in the rain, get breathable rain gear. Nothing worse than taking it all off and discovering you're so wet you may as well have gone without. And if you use breathable rain gear don't wear cotton or wool underneath! It soaks up the sweat and you negate much of the breathability you paid big bucks for.

Thanks everyone, it looks like I will try either Rsy's camping Store at Camperdown or the Anaconda store at Moore Park, or another camping shop.

Quick question for Corvus, what sort of material do I need to were under Wet weather gear to keep my skin dry?