Introducing My Cute Mutt

Moselle

Yes lanabanana that's what was confusing me. Post said 6 pups, then 9. Maltese are tiny dogs & dont have litters that big.

Have heard of strange matings with a big bitch & tiny male that did not seem possible due to male being unable to reach but big bitch may have been lying down & barely noticed little male tickling :champagne: Other way round one would expect damage but little dogs don't produce so many pups. Maybe a scaled down cross breed of some sort. Anyones guess really.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes lanabanana that's what was confusing me. Post said 6 pups, then 9. Maltese are tiny dogs & dont have litters that big.

Have heard of strange matings with a big bitch & tiny male that did not seem possible due to male being unable to reach but big bitch may have been lying down & barely noticed little male tickling :champagne: Other way round one would expect damage but little dogs don't produce so many pups. Maybe a scaled down cross breed of some sort. Anyones guess really.

:provoke: at "tickling" love it

I know of a few big bitch, tiny male matings too...and i know for a fact one of them the bitch was laying down...and another a male used a step lol

I am really curious though about a big male and a tiny female......and any damage it could cause...or not

am really curious though about a big male and a tiny female......and any damage it could cause...or not

We had a cocker spaniel female as kids who mated with a rottweiler (and a cattle dog and a purebred cocker, all in the one litter). Birth was difficult (rott x was first born, then cattle x, then 4 little cockers).

Would that be similiar size difference to maltese x border collie?

am really curious though about a big male and a tiny female......and any damage it could cause...or not

We had a cocker spaniel female as kids who mated with a rottweiler (and a cattle dog and a purebred cocker, all in the one litter). Birth was difficult (rott x was first born, then cattle x, then 4 little cockers).

Would that be similiar size difference to maltese x border collie?

Not really.....though 9 pups is a ridiculously large litter for a Malt and I'd have to say that's a whopper lie or a world record! :rofl:

Average size pup for a Malt is circa 100gms - give or take.

Then you look at a Havanese and my smallest was 78gms and the largest I've heard of was 400gms at birth!! Huge difference! :( But the average is around 150gms up to 180gms.

Average Lab pup at birth is around 400gms. - just the average - I have heard of 1kg Lab pups at birth! :( :(

So just like small human females who can produce whopping 14 pound babies, a small bitch *can* still whelp a half-kilo pup albeit with some difficulty. :party: