You And I Both Wish!

Most councils have a say in any structure built on any property. That doesn't stop people from sticking up what they want where ever and getting away with it but...

Council gets blamed for allowing stuff that is not suitable to the environment to be built eg weatherboard houses in fire prone areas, or stuff that isn't cyclone or flood proof in areas prone to those hazards. Also neighbours tend to get upset if enormous sheds go up on their boundary fence and shade their vegie patch or solar cells or just blot out the lovely water views.

If you live in SA and have 10 million (or is it 1 million) to spend on a "special project", I think you can build what you like where you like. Also if you ignore the council - that seems to work too. I know of one place in our council area that does not meet any council requirements, violates a heap, especially those related to drainage and causing structural undermining of the neighbouring properties... and council has done nothing to physically remedy the situation like send in the bulldozers. Sad really, and the poor neighbours have been fighting that one for 10 years plus. It's a wonder they haven't all got themselves elected.

Councils also have a say in what certain properties are used for- especially in urban areas. To make it work you need to find existing facilities in areas where demand is high so that you can pay for the costs involved and get council permission.

I'll let you know how willing people are to travel in a few months too!

Edited by Cosmolo

• 3 weeks later...
wouldnt this be amazing to have in melbourne Vic

i mean how hard could it be to find an old barn and spruce it up!

yes people "build it and they will come"

http://www.agilityvision.com/our-facility

why does it seem america can have indoor facilities all over the place but there is a demand for training here in Aus!

this would be a great investment for somebody with a field or barn!

just think your own training facility and you can charge people to use it!

hold your own trials!

why is there such a demand for agility training centres yet nobody is doing anything about it?

America and Canada are much colder than Aus we have beautiful grassed areas to train and trial on. Watching a friend of mine in the US trial inside I would hate it

although they don't have anywhere near the heeling we do, a lot of their inside Arena's are nosiey crowded with birds in the rafters not much fun if you

have a bird dog. No thanks I would not give you thank you for one. Beagie