Frontline

schnauzer

They don't have a good track record in getting back to you if you ring them.

I gave up on them eventually.

Never had any problems with them (yet). I rang them about 5 (different) times and they always got back to me or got to speak to an operator straight way.... :eek:

• 4 weeks later...

Far out!!!

I have just bought some frontline for my girl. She was so restless last nite, walking all over the house banging her thighs on the walls, computer table, my legs... I checked her out, she was licking furiously at her bottom (but can't reach it properly) so I gave her a warm bath and found a flea :laugh: First one in 16months!!! probably thanks to the feral cats up the road :D

Anyways, go down to the vet, they sell frontline and advantage and now I'm unsure whether to put the frontline on her ;)

Vet told me not to put it on her yet so soon after a bath cause it works with the dogs natural oils?? is that right?

Do I chance it and put it on her and hope for the best? I don't like that idea :confused:

yeh you have to wait a day or two because it does use the oils in the dogs skin to spread over the body. So you need to wait otherwise it's a waste of time putting it on, I usually bath mine dog 2 to 3 days before I put it on. You also shouldn't bath the dog for 2 days after you put it on, after that it's *supposed* to be waterfast. If you do use it on her I'd just keep a careful eye on the spot for an hour or so, and wash it off if it seems to be causing a problem, and then keep an eye on her behaviour for the next day or two. I think most dogs/cats are fine, I wouldn't worry too much unless she's got sensitive skin, read ALL the labeling. Oh but they don't like the smell at all so they may act a bit funny right at first.

I've used it on a dog and a cat (for years like 8 of them, on the cat anyway), didn't have any problems, I prefer the spray though, seems to work better. I think I'll have to switch back to spray, the top spot doen't work very well with Chief (and I just bought 6 mths worth two weeks ago :confused: ), actually the top spot didn't work well with my cat either.

Edit: If your that concerned though and you havn't opened the packet, and still have the reciept maybe the vet will let you return it and get Advantage instead.

Edited by jelly

Jeep cant stand it when i put frontline plus on him.. he runs around the loungeroom like a maniac and cant sit still... i wonder what it is that irritates him

*sigh* my Am Staff, Asher, has exactly the same reaction with Revolution and Epi Otic (ear cleaner)..... It turns out that he is allergic to the propylene glycol which is the waxy carrier agent... It burns him severely and he is now scared of anything on his neck and in his ears... its turning into a long, slow desensitisation process for us now.

We tried him on the frontline (which we had intended to move him onto anyway)... but he was too traumatised by his previous experience.... But now I'm wondering if he is actually sensitive to it as well, like your dog Pitchick...

We have him on program now and capstar for when we've been at training....

Still looking for alternatives... with all the problems its caused us and Asher I'm not really happy with any of it anymore :noidea:

Dan

Oh: forgot our dermatologist (Zayda's got allergies - argh!) put us in touch with pfizer and the vet there was very good and we filled out a lot of paper workfor their data etc.

Edited by zayda_asher

Ok I took the risk and its now been near 2 hours and no readness showing on her skin.

She did the bolt on me and I had only got half of the bottle on her and it took me a good 15mins to coax her in coming back to me. A treat didn't even work. lol

Finally got the rest of the bottle on her, but not sure if it went on properly. A bit of her fur is oily looking.

She hasn't been scratching since I bathed her and I gave her a dose of garlic with some left overs I had in the fridge.

After having one dog allergic to flea saliva some 14 years ago, I'm not risking another dog to get affected by the damn things!!

btw its Frontline Plus.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest WestieUSpa

We live in Pennsylvania, USA, with our 7 month old Westie "Toby." I was looking for a site w/info on adverse reactions to Frontline Plus and found you--not much on this side of the world. ODD, no?:):laugh:

Have used FtPlus twice and no adverse reaction....we have more Lyme Disease in PA than anywhere else. Yesterday I applied it at noon, after dinner he vomited all night. I was crying as I nursed him...Rescue Remedy by Dr. Bach did help him sleep.<br>

I found a very hot spot on his back where ointment's applied. I washed off as much as I could (12 hrs after I’d applied the stuff). The vet told me I did the right thing--we're going to see her in a bit--will keep you posted. Our breeder told us that Frontline Plus creates havoc with pup’s immune system. Am stuck between a rock & hard place.

If anyone knows any homeopathic or other treatment (no collars or Advantix), for Lyme Disease spread by Deer ticks, please let me know. Toby thanks you too with paws and licks!

TobyBabe5419.jpg

Shogun doesn't seem disturbed by Frontline... but looses his hair wheever it is applied. So I try to put it on his stomach where the hairloss is less nociceable. The temperature is raising in Switzerland now, and i will soon have to start some flea control again. Do you recommend Advantage?