Other People Feeding Your Dog

LDR

I discourage others from giving my dog treats - if they do it once, he will remember and beg every time he sees them. He's learned that some people find his begging cute and irresistible - sits on his butt with a ruler-straight back, paws outstretched and a pitiful starving expression on his face! :rofl:

One of the ladies at the off-lead park brings home-made liver treats - we refer to her as the "ice-cream lady" as once they get a whiff, all the dogs follow her like kids after an ice-cream van :D

We used to have problems with a former neighbour throwing cooked chop bones over the fence and sometimes the cooked bone from a lamb roast - a lot of people who don't have dogs have no idea about bowel obstructions or pancreatitis and don't bother to ask first.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wheat doesn't agree with Timmy's coat so I'm slowly educating Mum that Timmy LOVES cucumber, snowpeas and carrots so he gets those too now which is less of an issue.

It's just weird that people's neighbours throw food over the fence! That is so rude!!