Agility People

Im wondering about putting Tess on something like joint guard to help prevent any joint issues...would that be beneficial for her do you think? Ive never really looked into those supplements because I thought that only larger, older arthritic dogs needed it, but can it be used as a preventative?

Hi,

Didn't see this one. Both my dogs are on Glucosamine/Chrondroitin and Omega Oils as a preventative. (At our vet's suggestion.)

I don't know for sure if it helps, but I do know for sure that it doesn't hurt and that I want to do everything that I can to keep them happy and healthy for as long as possible.

FTR - Xena is a 13.xx kg BC and CK is an 18/19kg BC so neither are large and at 4 y.o. both (hopefully) have a fair way to go before they have to worry about arthritis.

I think the best thing we can do for our dogs though is to keep them LEAN - especially if we are asking them to perform as athletes.

T

Thanks AD, yes Tess is very lean she used to weigh about 6kg but is now happy and fit at 5kg which suits her frame. Ill look into supplements for her, cant do any harm right? she will be off to the vet soon for her shots so Ill get their advice too