How Do U Report Them If U Dont Know Where They Live?

stef_83

we have a middle age man that walks what looks to be a maltese x of some sort, this dog is aggresive and he doesnt acknowledge its behaviour at all. so far it has charged at anyone that walks past him as his walking it and has also biten myself on the pants bottom so didnt cause injury i have also seen it do this to school children walking. this dog also attacks and charges at other dogs it may pass. but the whole time the man keeps walking and pretends nothing happened on the occasion of his dog biting myself i said to him "excuse me your dog just bit me!" and to which he grunted and kept walking. :cry:

nobody knows where this man lives and what we can do about it.

who do we report it to and how if we dont know where he is from or lives.

Make notes and times, days, dates, what the gent was wearing, carrying ( ie walking stick, paper) any identifying features of the man dog, any other people with him, particular routes etc, any vehicles he may use, anything that you can think of, there is no such thing as too much information. If you have heard the man speak his accent, facial hair, height etc!! etc Anything what has happened in the past and all the info you can think of. What rangers do is network with other depts and collate the info in their databases, everyone who cant be bothered reporting even the smallest of things are really doing a dis service to the community,as all info is logged and can be cross referenced in cases like this ( I am talking about Councils who have GOOD practice which these days I would hope was most!)

Also if you can get a photo on your phone that would help too certainly does as evidence in off lead cases!

Good luck

Dont just leave it like some people do and say

WHATS the point, that irks me so much WHY bother posting I say If they cant be bothered acting upon it ?

Edited by Wazzat Xolo

We have a local guy who has 2 Dachshunds NEVER on lead. They are aggressive little buggers too. He often walks past our house and if we are out the front with any of our dogs, his will charge on to our property and attack our dogs (thankfully mine don't react). The guy just calls and calls with no response (surprise) from the dogs and so eventually meanders in and grabs them, no apology, just makes a little joke or something. I am sick of seeing him and his dogs offlead around the neighbourhood, he even will pull over his car and let the dogs out for a run on the sidewalk despite having NO control over them.

Anyway, I don't know where he lives except I assume locally as I see him everywhere. There is no regular time or place we see him either. I just rang up the council, told them he had two Dachshunds, a red and a black and tan, both smooth coats. I also described him. Council said they would "look into it" and the lady on the phone said she had a fair idea who I was talking about so I suspect he's been complained about before.

I have the rangers number in my mobile and from now on if I see the man and his dogs I am going to ring straight away so they can come down.

Any update on saffron?

he walks around the same time and wears the same thing well hat and cost so hopefully that will help them find him and ill be reporting him first thing monday morning.

saffron update: i took saffron to lort smith who said she was in whelp but to far along for the injection and the vet said that it would be a safer option to let her whelp the pups and desex her when they are approx 10 weeks. i got heaps of info of the vet and currently in the process of getting everything prepared for her. i have also have now found a few homes for the puppies where they will be cared for by loving familes. i have discussed with new owners that the puppies will not be leaving here until they are over 8 weeks and have had vacc and microchipped. the new owners that are already lined up will also be singing a contract that states all pups are to be desexed by 6 mnths of age, all owners are happy with that. they also are aware that at ANY time they are unable to keep the puppy then it can be brought back to me. i didnt post anything because i know im going to be flamed and accused as a byb.

There use to be two shih tzus that would be taken to the local park without leads and they would rush and charge other dogs (as a dog would if something entered its own backyard). Owners found this funny. They had a go at us four times (once I saw them first and when they charged I charged and they got within a metre and then turned and ran well clear).

I reported it to the council after the third time (first three times it was a bloke last time was a teenage girl who had no control) told them times and where. For a few days there was a person sitting at a seated area in the park who had not been there before or since - I assumed he was from the council. The council also gave me a number that until well into the evening would divert to a person who could pass on the 'they are there now' to the ranger (and for anything else such as loose dogs out wandering). The rangers are often out and about after hours and on weekends too.

Anyway I mentioned this to someone who also knew other dog walkers that had had issues with the same dogs - I told them I had spoken to the council that this moron needed some advice on controlling their dogs and that the others should contact the council if they had more info to locate who this bloke was.

Heard nothing for a few months then we came home late one evening and spotted someone walking two Shih tzus on lead past the end of our street. Hopefully they are the same ones and the owner now understands how to walk them properly (since rushing bigger dogs will eventually end badly).

this mans dog is always on the lead and when it charges or bites he just drags it behind him. he NEVER apologises or pulls dog up on this behaviour. my oh says its just me but im sure i have seen him smerk when his dog behaves this way. he has a fairly distinct look about him always the same jacket and cap, he wears glasses and well to be blunt walks like his has just had a pole put some where. and walks the dog around 3pm :grouphug: which is school time.

the dog seems happy to see people and get its a little spring in his step but then goes nuts.

Lol well similar sort of thing happened to me, we ended up stalking the guy back home without him noticing and then reported him. He had 2 dogs who always aggressively charged mine (and every other dog they saw) and tried to attack him but the owner would never do anything about it. My dog tried ignoring them, but I was worried a day would come when he would snap back at them, and being a doberman, I was worried he would be reported dangerous and taken away from me.