Platinum Dog Roll

Ok please set me straight. I have been looking at the Platinum dog rolls with Ranger Stacey on it. I get the impression from this forum that feeding dog rolls to my dogs is a no no. Why? What am I missing? Is there another reason other than it is processed? Do you feed this to your dogs? What do you think of this product?

Edited by cornell

Don't know about platnium dog roll. I use Prime 100 www.primepetfood.com

I'm lucky I actually had a tour of the processing plant and spoke to the person who cooks it.

I don't feed it exclusively but it makes up part of the diet along with fresh meat and vegies and dry. I have no qualms feeding it to me dogs and it is also part of my puppies diets.

I used to feed my dogs the Platinum dog rolls. It made them fart soooo bad and when they did a poo we nearly had to evactuate the whole street. :mad

I have now moved to kibble and raw meat/vegies. The dogs are a lot healthier and no more stinky farts. Their coats are a lot shinier too.

I feed mine Ecopet rolls...make sure you read the label carefully for the rolls ... they are generally all quite high in salt. Ecopet is less than 1% but that is still quite a bit considering their other food is only 0.3%.

I don't feed dog rolls for several reasons - the majority of them are cooked (cooking removes nutrients), they're generally high fat, high salt and made from poor quality ingredients - some contain artificial colouring, flavouring and preservatives. I would rather make my own food to feed and know what goes into it.

Zero is on grain free kibble, raw vegies, yoghurt, eggs, oily fish, chicken frames and raw, meaty bones. He looks (and smells) good for it.

That being said, if it's the food your dog does best on, then it's fine - Z can't eat anything that's processed like that because he's intolerant to some artificial ingredients and gets sick.