Feeding Rottweiler

jqw

Hi,

I'm not sure whether it's appropriate to ask this question or make this comment on an forum, so please let me know if it's inappropriate here.

I've been feeding my 16 week old Rottweiler the Pedigree Puppy Growth food since I got him from 8 weeks old. Recently I read else where that the Pedigree Brand really isn't a high standard food to feed our dogs. Something about the main ingredient is Corn, which is not natural food for dogs. Makes sense to me, especially I wouldn't think Rottweilers eat corn. At the moment I feel my Rottweiler 2 cups of the puppy food in the morning, and 2 cups in the evening plus 2 raw chicken wings. He's growing very fast and finishes his meals very fast too. Putting on over a kilo every week!

Just wonder what you guys think about the brand and if there is a better brand of dog food out there that can be readily purchased over the stores in Victoria or even ordered over the internet.

Cheers,

James

We use Pedigree Advance Puppy Growth Large Breed on our dogs, Neo was on it until only recently, then we switch them over to more of a raw diet.

The best food for your dog is the food your dog does best on :)

It is true, different kibble for different dogs. I am currently feeding Artemis and raw, but was feeding my rottie on Eagle Pack Holistic puppy and chicken wings when she was younger. The breeder I got her from originally had her on Purina or Pro Plan puppy, it had 2 colours and shapes of kibble and Zoe would only eat one colour, I ended up picking out the pink bits she didn't like, as she would just pick through and leave them behind, so I switched when that bag finished to Eukanuba, but found that gave her dandruff, so switched again and settled on the Eagle Pack.